Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shoutout to Seattle Boat Company.

TenTwentyOne

3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

This would be the ultimate one-upsmanship.

This times 1000!  Why didn't we see this sooner!  Awesome, man!!!  :cheers: (Can't wait to see the surfing pic, too)

5 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Wait, you towed that thing back on your own, with you awesome rig, and we don't have pictures?

sadly, I couldn’t take two weeks off to do it. Sent one of my guys with a borrowed low-boy boat trailer. I should have taken pictures when he pulled in and we unloaded, but I didn’t even think about it. I was too worried about figuring out how to block it up in the shop.

was going to pull it on it’s own trailer, but that’s a long way on a trailer like that, with a boat that big.

57 minutes ago, carguy79ta said:

A grill for @The Hulk.

Two grills in this thing. Boat is  @The Hulk approved.

One in the cockpit lounge area, and one in the galley.

30 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

This times 1000!  Why didn't we see this sooner!  Awesome, man!!!  :cheers: (Can't wait to see the surfing pic, too)

Still trying to develop my plan for surf tabs/gate. It does have trim tabs, and I can offset power with the twins, but some sort of gate setup would be better I think.

with the way the back of the boat is shaped, I almost think a surfgate setup would work best. 

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 3

This might be the most attractive boat that MC ever made.  Doing a little math on what you claimed to have paid for it -- is there anything that capable/usable that any other company makes in that price range?!  I don't know that I would ever use the kitchen/bedroom but everything else about this boat has me interested!

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

sadly, I couldn’t take two weeks off to do it. Sent one of my guys with a borrowed low-boy boat trailer. I should have taken pictures when he pulled in and we unloaded, but I didn’t even think about it. I was too worried about figuring out how to block it up in the shop.

was going to pull it on it’s own trailer, but that’s a long way on a trailer like that, with a boat that big.

Two grills in this thing. Boat is  @The Hulk approved.

One in the cockpit lounge area, and one in the galley.

Still trying to develop my plan for surf tabs/gate. It does have trim tabs, and I can offset power with the twins, but some sort of gate setup would be better I think.

with the way the back of the boat is shaped, I almost think a surfgate setup would work best. 

I’m fairly disappointed in you... if it doesn’t happen in the spring when you launch...

I assume you are going to keep this in the water? Are you going to add bottom paint or get a hoist for the bad boy?

I've got to admit surfing with a tower that has a radar on top is BA!!!! Ballin!!! 

If I were you you could do a surf tabs for a few grand.. maybe less... Depending on tab size go with DUAL lenco actuators the big ones , cut some metal and have some tabs welded up and bent/braced.. mount through hole bolts and your good. Use their dual actuator switch with lights and u can adjust via lights as needed.. you would have. Ore adjustability than all of us with digital input.. but realistically u will probably just fully deploy to one side.. only downside is retracting wouldn't be automatic after speed X , maybe a guru here could whip up something simple to tie into paddle wheel spedo, if above x then cuts power to lencos.. retract etc . 

Jealous of the size!! 

Open bow for me and that thing is a dream boat!! They should revamp the mold or use same and redo inside with open bow I'd be game!!! 

More pics!!!👍

A friend of mine has a cruiser yacht, not sure which model but he added larger trim tabs to each side that can be individually controlled for surfing. 
I don’t imagine you’re ever going to get a super clean wave but it would definitely help. 
If you want the auto retraction consider using the a GSA controller. 

12 hours ago, Fffrank said:

This might be the most attractive boat that MC ever made.  Doing a little math on what you claimed to have paid for it -- is there anything that capable/usable that any other company makes in that price range?!  I don't know that I would ever use the kitchen/bedroom but everything else about this boat has me interested!

I think a lot of the reason I got a great deal on it, was that the seller only had it listed on a yacht classified website, and nobody shopping on that site really knows what a MC is. Nobody is shopping  “MasterCraft sport yacht, or express cruiser”. So, I am guessing I was the only one who called on it, and he decided to finally take my low offer on it. 

I have a ton of work I am going to be doing on this boat to bring it back to new condition, with the latest controls and features, so I had to buy it right.

but yes, the comparable models from others (34ish foot sport coupes from regal, cobalt, four winns, etc) are not built anything like this boat, and most of them still don’t offer half of the features that this boat has. But that used market is what has to be used to generate a price basis for this boat, and I made my offer based on that.

in my opinion, it was the best buy for me in that size class for many reasons. And I think when the day comes to sell it, I should be able to get out of it for decent money as long as I keep it in great condition and advertise to all of the inboard crowd. I think there are a lot more inboard owners shopping for a cruiser, than there is cruiser shoppers looking for a MasterCraft.

And I am  MC homer, so getting a MC cruiser was a big bonus for me :rofl:

10 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I’m fairly disappointed in you... if it doesn’t happen in the spring when you launch...

I assume you are going to keep this in the water? Are you going to add bottom paint or get a hoist for the bad boy?

sorry ahop! I’ll be better in the spring!

boat was optioned new with anti-fouling paint. It’s good to go.

on a side note, it has a small amount of gel work to do on the blue portion of the boat. Some dock rash, and a bit of fading. I actually think I might paint the blue area with a metallic navy blue. These boats were available with side paint in that color from the factory, so I don’t think it will be taboo to paint it. With all the other options this boat was ordered with, I am surprised it wasn’t ordered with metallic navy sides.

8 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I've got to admit surfing with a tower that has a radar on top is BA!!!! Ballin!!! 

If I were you you could do a surf tabs for a few grand.. maybe less... Depending on tab size go with DUAL lenco actuators the big ones , cut some metal and have some tabs welded up and bent/braced.. mount through hole bolts and your good. Use their dual actuator switch with lights and u can adjust via lights as needed.. you would have. Ore adjustability than all of us with digital input.. but realistically u will probably just fully deploy to one side.. only downside is retracting wouldn't be automatic after speed X , maybe a guru here could whip up something simple to tie into paddle wheel spedo, if above x then cuts power to lencos.. retract etc . 

Jealous of the size!! 

Open bow for me and that thing is a dream boat!! They should revamp the mold or use same and redo inside with open bow I'd be game!!! 

More pics!!!👍

This puppy has a 4’x6’ foldable lounge and a full snap-in playpen bow. You could have 10 people lounging in the bow comfortably, while you are surfing. It has CGA height railings, so it is legal to be up there underway.

great tips on the surfgate stuff! I am building a new platform for this boat (teak), so I am thinking I might actually build teak surf gates that mold into the edges of the new platform. I’ll definitely have to use some big gates!

• Like 2

@TenTwentyOne

I wish you the best of luck with it. They are very impressive boats for sure.

I have a bit of experience with them and hope they have gotten the bugs worked out prior to you buying it.

When I think of the MC 300 I’m reminded of this video, now 10 years old.

MC used to produce the best propaganda! I especially like this one because it reminds me of a time when UCLA could still beat mediocre schools.

Btw, what ever happened to Will Christien...?

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

When I think of the MC 300 I’m reminded of this video, now 10 years old.

MC used to produce the best propaganda! I especially like this one because it reminds me of a time when UCLA could still beat mediocre schools.

Btw, what ever happened to Will Christien...?

Wholly **** - is that Jimmy Haslem...... :bash: #GoBrowns

18 hours ago, gregtay said:

Any idea how many of these things MC made?  I can't imagine they made more than a handful.  Awesome new boat, congrats.  

12 Units built total. 4 went to Europe, 6 went to the UAE, and 2 stayed in the US. Mine, and one other, that is actually also for sale now down in florida. Asking $400k :rofl:

15 hours ago, IXFE said:

Forgot to ask... @TenTwentyOne, does your new boat have misters???

Ya, it does. The guy that ordered this boat checked every box. Has the dual Air con/Heat pump setup as well. 

1 hour ago, asnowman said:

Awesome boat, but got to ask.... why swap out perfectly good motors? I could certainly understand if one had issues.

What else is on the to do list there?

Caterpillars?

Edited by Bozboat
2 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

12 Units built total. 4 went to Europe, 6 went to the UAE, and 2 stayed in the US. Mine, and one other, that is actually also for sale now down in florida. Asking $400k :rofl:

Are you sure about that number? I had heard at one point in time that it was quite a bit more.

1 hour ago, asnowman said:

Awesome boat, but got to ask.... why swap out perfectly good motors? I could certainly understand if one had issues.

What else is on the to do list there?

Mostly wanted a little more power and a better cruise speed. But other factors were overall reliability, and parts availability. Indmar discontinued parts service for their GM engines.

That is at least the justification I used...… It really didn't need any change at all. I am going to be taking this boat long distances and out on the ocean though, and I want everything in tip top shape.

The main list for the boat is-

Clean, Buff, repair gelcoat.

Wrap sides in vinyl

Refinish all teak floors and build a new solid teak platform.

New stereo throughout

Go over the electrical and systems with a fine tooth comb and repair/replace anything that doesn't look/perform/operate like new.

maybe build and install some sort of surf system, but not sure yet.

40 minutes ago, Bozboat said:

Caterpillars?

33 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Pair of Merlin V12's  ;)

I wish!

I thought about going with diesels, but its a pain to get fuel on the lake that this boat will be on most of the time. I am going with gassers again.

Not twin Merlins though.... Although that would be ridiculous!

Doing twin Ilmor 430hp 6.2s.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 3