Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shoutout to Seattle Boat Company.

TenTwentyOne

11 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Are you sure about that number? I had heard at one point in time that it was quite a bit more.

Yes, I am sure. I looked it up on MC DealerLink. I have a login because I do stock ordering for my dealer.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, TenTwentyOne said:

with the way the back of the boat is shaped, I almost think a surfgate setup would work best. 

to make the best decision why not craft a large suckgate for the no drilling necessary criteria before you choose tab or gate,  tab seems the best hidden choice

18 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

to make the best decision why not craft a large suckgate for the no drilling necessary criteria before you choose tab or gate,  tab seems the best hidden choice

Just strap a 12 foot jon boat to the gunwale.  :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

by far the most fun and unifying post I've ever seen on this forum, cheers!!

Seriously, and its about a mastercraft too.

43 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

Great now I want one of these!  This boat thing is a disease.  Until the weather warms up I need a support group.

Pretty sure this is as close as you get to a support group for this disease. This is an interesting and unique boat.

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

Definately agree. Fab up a big suck gate (cheap plastic or plywood to test the idea)prolly 18"tall×24"long to try it out first. Also you could clamp steel plates to the trim tabs to make them larger to test that method. 

1 hour ago, asnowman said:

This is an interesting and unique boat.

That it is, but for rarity, CorrectCraft made THREE twin-engine Fish Nautiques (centre console).  I know of one in operation, still.

49 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

That it is, but for rarity, CorrectCraft made THREE twin-engine Fish Nautiques (centre console).  I know of one in operation, still.

I think the center console RLXi is still the rarest of them all.

6 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Current state of the boat....

Anybody need some perfectly good 6.0 Indmars? One with 400 hrs and one with 250? :salute:

B6A6DF8A-EFFC-4E12-8721-2633CFE842CD.jpeg

C0DF8CC4-F9C6-4A71-851C-8F30F581DC77.jpeg

Those have E-Control ECMs?  Great repower option for owners of older slalom boats looking to switch to Zero Off.  A 6 liter would be awesome in my Response!  :)

56 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Sounds like the mastercraft csx series center consoles.   

Edited by oldjeep
18 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Sounds like the mastercraft csx series center consoles.   

Would be interesting to know how many of those were made.  I've seen at least (3) on the St. Croix River.

Here's another rare one.  1992 Mastercraft 240SC Cuddy -- the local mastercraft rep told me he had never heard of it.

4qMoY3F.jpg

2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Those have E-Control ECMs?  Great repower option for owners of older slalom boats looking to switch to Zero Off.  A 6 liter would be awesome in my Response!  :)

Yes, they are E-control units, which means they are plug and play in almost any brand of newer wake/ski boat. If the boat is older, you’d need new gauges and throttle. Not sure when Bu swapped to E-controls, but MC, CC, and Supra/Moomba switched back in 08-09.

Im guessing I’ll find someone with a worn out engine in a wake/ski boat that wants an easy full plug in swap, and or a HP upgrade.

2 hours ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

Glad you didn't end up with an X80 for this project. Excited to see the build!

Me too. I started out looking for an X80, but I want to travel with this thing, and an X80 wouldn’t be any good for that. I’m only 5 miles from lake Champlain, and I can go anywhere from there.

6 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Yes, they are E-control units, which means they are plug and play in almost any brand of newer wake/ski boat. If the boat is older, you’d need new gauges and throttle. Not sure when Bu swapped to E-controls, but MC, CC, and Supra/Moomba switched back in 08-09.

It was around the same time, at least for the ski boats.  I think some of the mid-year 07s in some of the ski boats got e-control and ZO, but then the recession hit and there was a bit of a hap-hazard transition.  At least that is the way I remember it.  I know they were pulling AWSA tournaments with ZO in 07.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Im guessing I’ll find someone with a worn out engine in a wake/ski boat that wants an easy full plug in swap, and or a HP upgrade.

Post those over on BallOfSpray.  There are a lot of guys over there who do engine swaps on older boats to get ZO compatibility.  If I had the time and money, I'd try it out on mine.  New throttle and gauges (probably just the MDC) wouldn't be too difficult to come by.

10 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

It was around the same time, at least for the ski boats.  I think some of the mid-year 07s in some of the ski boats got e-control and ZO, but then the recession hit and there was a bit of a hap-hazard transition.  At least that is the way I remember it.  I know they were pulling AWSA tournaments with ZO in 07.  

Think '07s, at least some, still required an ECM swap for ZO.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

If I could swing it, i would run up to vermont and grab one, but i dont have the time, or the cash at the moment. I would love to put one of those in our lxi.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...