Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LA Boat Show

MakeNWaves

Spent the weekend at the LA show.  Take aways from the show:  sick colors, sick upholstery (love the dark solid color interiors), sick prices.  Pavati Boats has absolutely the most amazing boats anywhere, with a price tag to go with it (26’ goes for $280 ,000.00).  The new Paragon from Nautique, one word, WOW.  Tomcat has a new 2020 F24 special edition, that was the biggest surf boat beast there.  Unfortunately, Malibu and Axis had the most lackluster boats at the show (and I’ve owned Malibu or Axis since 2002).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MakeNWaves said:

Spent the weekend at the LA show.  Take aways from the show:  sick colors, sick upholstery (love the dark solid color interiors), sick prices.  Pavati Boats has absolutely the most amazing boats anywhere, with a price tag to go with it (26’ goes for $280 ,000.00).  The new Paragon from Nautique, one word, WOW.  Tomcat has a new 2020 F24 special edition, that was the biggest surf boat beast there.  Unfortunately, Malibu and Axis had the most lackluster boats at the show (and I’ve owned Malibu or Axis since 2002).

Tomcat F24 in my opinion is not aesthetically pleasing. The lines and interior on that boat do not flow at all. 

Pavati way too bling/gotti for me. (Even if I could afford. Several people have also told me Pavati struggles with producing a solid wave.)

Paragon I like but would prefer M240. 

Edited by 2020LSV23
10 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Pavati way too bling/gotti for me.

They had one on their instagram a few weeks ago that looked SO GOOD because it had a basic white exterior.  The lines on the boat are just incredible.  But then the interior looked absolutely awful.  They have a designer that just cant stop adding things.  It's waaaay too much design involved inside.

Why can't I upload a really cool attachment about how disappointed I am that he did not provide a single picture?  I can only insert links and previously uploaded pics.  pics.jpeg.8fd612cffb9a800e19ce40415995a7f1.jpeg

Edited by TallRedRider
9 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Why can't I upload a really cool attachment about how disappointed I am that he did not provide a single picture?  I can only insert links and previously uploaded pics.  

Looks like your Crew Supporter has expired.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2020 at 9:40 PM, MakeNWaves said:

Lack luster as in colors or the way they were optioned?  First time not working the show in a long time, so I did not attend.

Edited by wakebrdr94
On 1/14/2020 at 12:40 AM, MakeNWaves said:

Sounds to me like the dealer should have made better choices on what they brought?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Seattle boat show and I have to say agree with what the OP says the Bu line being lackluster. The local dealer did pick some ugly boats and interiors for the show so that didn't help but  I also feel like Malibu is starting to fall behind on the luxury fit and finish of the interiors and helms.  The M240 interior doesn't seem as nice as the Paragon for instance. IMO Nautique, Mastcraft , Supra and Tige all have a nicer "feel" than Bu now.

8 hours ago, Chappy said:

Just got back from the Seattle boat show and I have to say agree with what the OP says the Bu line being lackluster. The local dealer did pick some ugly boats and interiors for the show so that didn't help but  I also feel like Malibu is starting to fall behind on the luxury fit and finish of the interiors and helms.  The M240 interior doesn't seem as nice as the Paragon for instance. IMO Nautique, Mastcraft , Supra and Tige all have a nicer "feel" than Bu now.

Paragon had a sold sign on it day 1 of the show. Can’t say the same for the m240. I’m gonna take a more detailed run through next week and grab some pics. 

We were at the Minneapolis boat show yesterday and I as surprised to see how classy the gel coat colors and interiors were in most of the mc and malibus.  The nautiques were still a lot of glitter covered circus wagons. 

Edited by oldjeep
18 hours ago, Chappy said:

The local dealer did pick some ugly boats and interiors for the show so that didn't help .

Our dealer has some fugly looking 2020's.  I will be real interested in what they bring to the show in a few weeks.

Some dealers just cannot design boats that look good period. Typically they’re the ones run by the old timer, sticking to the classic designs. 
Still say Wizard lake had some of the best designed Malibu’s and they still do with Nautique. 

Total opposite experience at the NYC show.  The M240 looked great and was already sold!  For the price tag the Paragon looked and felt cheap! Vinyl was mushy and the tower speakers looked huge and clumsy hanging from the tower. The pull out rear facing seat actually came apart as my buddy tried to flip the seat.   I did like the double screen though, but I did not really see much difference from the G23! 

12 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Total opposite experience at the NYC show.  The M240 looked great and was already sold!  For the price tag the Paragon looked and felt cheap! Vinyl was mushy and the tower speakers looked huge and clumsy hanging from the tower. The pull out rear facing seat actually came apart as my buddy tried to flip the seat.   I did like the double screen though, but I did not really see much difference from the G23! 

WOW I have a total opposite view of the Paragon , Quality Piece of Kit in every way . M240 Nice but you cant compare the two . And why should you they are priced Different.  Only wish I Had that much disposable income or I could bring myself to get Finance, I can't Justify spending more that 180k on a 23ft boat that I can live on

• Like 2
On 1/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, LucasC said:

Nice but you cant compare the two . And why should you they are priced Different.  

I was saying this exact same thing.  Look through the BU offering and compare A vs B considering a $30 - 40k delta...