Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Access Panel for 2003 Response LX

PTM

Hey All,

I have a 2003 Response and the rear access door that goes from the motor box under the rear seat is starting to get soft.

Currently it's only soft for maybe 2 inches that face the motor so I'm looking to see if anyone has fixed this in the past or know where to get a new one?

I tried to upload some picture but could not figure out how to attach them?? Any suggestion much appreciated

If you are the original owner, wouldn't the floor be covered under the lifetime structural warranty?  Malibu uses a composite for the panels (used to be Klegecell; not sure if that is still the case or for your MY boat) so I'd ask them.  That said, it would be pretty easy to fabricate a new panel with  Starboard and an Alu frame.  Or get fancy with Coremat or Divinycell etc.

@PTM - as noted above that may be a warranty item.  Don't recall the years used, Malibu did use an aluminum honeycomb core for that panel that is prone to breaking down.  If you are an avid slalom skier, do your best not to replace with heavier material as that will deteriorate the wake (similar to more fuel in the tank).

That hatch should be made from king starboard or portafab aluminum marine panel. You should be able to remove the carpet from your existing panel and make a new one. 

Are you the only owner of that boat? For a 2003 it should not be a wood panel if you find that it is some one replaced it with the wrong material. 

• 1 month later...