Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dallas Malibu Dealer

Merk

I'm moving to Dallas in the spring and plan on ordering a Malibu but most likely wait for 2021s to come out. I was at Chicago boat show yesterday and the 23 MXZ is amazing and will be what we order. I have a few questions and hoping someone might have an insight.

1) Anyone work with Waterski America in Dallas? I've read the google reviews and are great but looking for a little more.

2) How long does it take to take delivery from order date?

3) Are dealers as flexible with orders as they are with inventory in stock prices?

4) We'd really like to go to factory when boat is being built. When is best day to go? I've heard it takes 7 days to build.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I’ve never ordered a new boat from them but so can’t answer most of your questions but I’ve bought 2 boats from them and they are a top notch dealer.  I think you will be very happy with them.

ahopkins22LSV

@IXFE and @G Spot too. 

Typically the best time to order a boat with any dealer is during the fall in the year end sales event. You generally get the best pricing but you also get some flexibility with when the boat is built. If you want until boat show season you may not get as good of pricing and build slots become very tight resulting in you not getting the boat when you’d like, sometimes. 

28 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

@IXFE and @G Spot too. 

Typically the best time to order a boat with any dealer is during the fall in the year end sales event. You generally get the best pricing but you also get some flexibility with when the boat is built. If you want until boat show season you may not get as good of pricing and build slots become very tight resulting in you not getting the boat when you’d like, sometimes. 

Makes sense. Thanks for info. I'll have to go talk to dealer when we get in town.

18 hours ago, Merk said:

4) We'd really like to go to factory when boat is being built. When is best day to go? I've heard it takes 7 days to build.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It depends on what stage you'd like to see your boat.  It only takes about 3 days to build so if you go on your "spray date" (the day they begin - ie spray the fiberglass) you will likely only see your shell.  Day 2 you'd probably be able to see some rigging of the boat.  Day 3 you would get to see more of the finished product.  I did a factory tour on day 3 of my build and they had just pulled my boat out of the water for it's test run.  They still have a little to do after that like adding the platform, shining her up and putting on badging.  It was a fun trip - I'd recommend it!

1 hour ago, Wavemaker said:

It depends on what stage you'd like to see your boat.  It only takes about 3 days to build so if you go on your "spray date" (the day they begin - ie spray the fiberglass) you will likely only see your shell.  Day 2 you'd probably be able to see some rigging of the boat.  Day 3 you would get to see more of the finished product.  I did a factory tour on day 3 of my build and they had just pulled my boat out of the water for it's test run.  They still have a little to do after that like adding the platform, shining her up and putting on badging.  It was a fun trip - I'd recommend it!

I'd double check that.  I don't believe there is any way the glass could cure in three days, let alone rig the entire boat.  I think it is is 11 days, but I could be wrong.  Each color has to harden before you can remove the tape and spray the next color.  Even though they "bake" them, it still requires time to get it all set.  They you have to spray the chop and lay the mat.  It is more likely a minimum of 3 days from the start of the color to the time they can pop the boat out of the mold, if you use a basic color scheme and not too many different colors. 

33 minutes ago, JeffK said:

I'd double check that.  I don't believe there is any way the glass could cure in three days, let alone rig the entire boat.  I think it is is 11 days, but I could be wrong.  Each color has to harden before you can remove the tape and spray the next color.  Even though they "bake" them, it still requires time to get it all set.  They you have to spray the chop and lay the mat.  It is more likely a minimum of 3 days from the start of the color to the time they can pop the boat out of the mold, if you use a basic color scheme and not too many different colors. 

It's a quick build process and is 3-4 days from first spray to shrink wrapping. Show up on day 5 and you'll see the boat in shrink wrap or on a truck.

Edited by NWBU
2 hours ago, JeffK said:

I think it is is 11 days, but I could be wrong.  

This might be true years ago but today it is 3-4 days total depending what time of the day they begin.

The owner is Frank Cvar and he is a cool dude.  We bought a pre-owned 23 LSV from them and it was a very good experience.  We also hired Sean Teeples to take my family out for a few hours for a private wake surf lesson and to help us dial in the boat - he was awesome.  They have a good reputation for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Leftlane said:

The owner is Frank Cvar and he is a cool dude.  We bought a pre-owned 23 LSV from them and it was a very good experience.  We also hired Sean Teeples to take my family out for a few hours for a private wake surf lesson and to help us dial in the boat - he was awesome.  They have a good reputation for a reason. 

Frank isn’t the owner, never was and he’s retired from WSA now. 
For sales, Speak to;

Rusty

Todd

Scott

Tim

4 hours ago, Leftlane said:

Well how about that - I thought Frank and his brother were part of the ownership team.

Tim is, frank just worked there.  Great group of guys all around

Another great thing about WaterSki America is that they are very close to opening the doors on a full service shop in Fort Worth.  New boat sales, full service center, dockside service and all the essentials you need to take your Malibu on the water!

Having two locations in the DFW metroplex is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

• Like 2
On 1/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, BadgerBoater55 said:

Sounds like we need to have a DFW BuCrew meetup? Lots of folks down here! 

Depending on the weekend I'd be down for driving in from Oklahoma for a TMC Dallas meet-up. 

On 1/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, BadgerBoater55 said:

Sounds like we need to have a DFW BuCrew meetup? Lots of folks down here! 

I would be interested. Maybe even trade one of y'all a ski pull behind my sunsetter for a chance to try to surf...

We used to have a big TMC gathering on the Brazos above Lake Whitney as well as a few others around the country. If anyone wants to step up and organize it all, that would be great.

67637813_2287089218035568_4845342212243849216_n.jpg

• Like 2