Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Green LEDS?

bkearney

Anyone have experience/photos with Green transom lights? I am hearing from the shop that malibu only ships white and blue and I am curious if looking at aftrmarket ones would be worth it.

19 minutes ago, wdr said:

If you have white LED’s I bet you could find some green adhesive backed  film to cover them for a lot cheaper.

This would be a net new install. Per the shop, the ones from the factory are easier to install.. hence cheaper.

Just now, bkearney said:

This would be a net new install. Per the shop, the ones from the factory are easier to install.. hence cheaper.

And, normally I would try a mod myself. But, this is a new boat to me.. and I am not gonna risk it. I am gonna let the pros do this :)

4 hours ago, bkearney said:

And, normally I would try a mod myself. But, this is a new boat to me.. and I am not gonna risk it. I am gonna let the pros do this :)

I get it but you're missing out on a boat owner's rite of passage with this project.  Once you get over the initial horror, there's a very gratifying feeling of drilling holes into your boat, especially holes below the waterline!

7 hours ago, wdr said:

If you have white LED’s I bet you could find some green adhesive backed  film to cover them for a lot cheaper.

I realize this is a new install, but the translucent spray paint sold in hobby shops works well for coloring underwater lights. It looks great and sticks well to the polycarbonate lenses.  Has lasted about 6 years now on my daughters '06 VLX without any touch-up, and the boat stays in the water (4-5 months) for the season.

For some reason blue LEDs are super bright compared to other colors.  Might want to check it out first. And I agree with your assessment on letting the pros do it. Maybe practice on a Bayliner or 15 year old Malibu, but not your new baby. 

I dont think you have the older version of those, there is not one. I think you are mistaking them for another brand. If the boat listed in your profile is the boat with lights you are referring to, then you had Seablaze 3. The SCR's are brighter then any round LF. 

5 minutes ago, MLA said:

I dont think you have the older version of those, there is not one. I think you are mistaking them for another brand. If the boat listed in your profile is the boat with lights you are referring to, then you had Seablaze 3. The SCR's are brighter then any round LF. 

Yes my mistake I was confusing the two brands.  The life form is brighter than the sea blaze that I currently have.