Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The best and most expensive cleaning product for Malibu boats

Greent714

I have a client that wants me to clean his boat using the best and most expensive cleaning products available for his boat.

Can you give me some recommendations?

Does Malibu make it's own cleaning product?

What is good for the pleather and the floor foam?

Foam floors/ sea deck/gatorstep I’d use a diluted soap and water with a vinyl scrub brush.

i like boat bling vinyl sauce , to clean the vinyl with the same vinyl brush 

exterior cleaning is a slightly different animal. Depending on the boat and condition it’s in. You could need 1-2-3 different grit polish compounds, and I like to use a polymer sealant as my final coat

Jescar Power Lock Plus Polymer Sealant (Pint) by MenzernaUSA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRHSND0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_e6wgEb7C49TM5

• Like 3

Steam is the best.  In the pics below I sprayed on 303 cleaner (you can also use LA Totally Awesome from dollar general, cheap and works better than 303) and let it soak for 10 minutes.  then use the scrub attachment (hard nylon bristles) and steam scrub with back and forth motions until you see the embedded dirt pour out like mud.  I had towels near me to wipe it all off and move to the next section.  I thought my upholstery was clean as I'm very OCD and clean freak until I used a steamer a few weeks back on the entire upholstery (you can use it on exterior gel as well).  You can watch the dirt pour out of your upholstery.  It's what a lot of the professional use now.

Malibu1.thumb.jpg.08c44e39a222a84e4dc4f0cbb812a814.jpgMalibu2.thumb.jpg.29346de01018fbba6fd5934c088596e4.jpg

Edited by hawaiianstyln
6 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Steam is the best.  In the pics below I sprayed on 303 cleaner (you can also use LA Totally Awesome from dollar general, cheap and works better than 303) and let it soak for 10 minutes.  then use the scrub attachment (hard nylon bristles) and steam scrubbed.  I thought my upholstery was clean as I'm very OCD and clean freak until I used a steamer a few weeks back on the entire upholstery (you can use it on exterior gel as well).  You can watch the dirt pour out of your upholstery.  It's what a lot of the professional use now.

Malibu1.thumb.jpg.08c44e39a222a84e4dc4f0cbb812a814.jpgMalibu2.thumb.jpg.29346de01018fbba6fd5934c088596e4.jpg

Looks great!  What steam cleaner are you using?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Steam is the best.  In the pics below I sprayed on 303 cleaner (you can also use LA Totally Awesome from dollar general, cheap and works better than 303) and let it soak for 10 minutes.  then use the scrub attachment (hard nylon bristles) and steam scrubbed.  I thought my upholstery was clean as I'm very OCD and clean freak until I used a steamer a few weeks back on the entire upholstery (you can use it on exterior gel as well).  You can watch the dirt pour out of your upholstery.  It's what a lot of the professional use now.

So can yo give us an example of the type of steamer you are using?

• Like 1

I broke down and bought this one a couple years ago:

https://chiefsteamer.com/product/chief-steamer-car-wash-industrial-steam-cleaner-125-psi/

It is the best one I could find that ran off a standard 15/20 amp socket or that did not run on diesel.  It is hard to remember how I got along without it.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

I broke down and bought this one a couple years ago:

https://chiefsteamer.com/product/chief-steamer-car-wash-industrial-steam-cleaner-125-psi/

It is the best one I could find that ran off a standard 15/20 amp socket or that did not run on diesel.  It is hard to remember how I got along without it.  

Oh damn you bought the big dog!  :rockon:

One important bit of advice, keep the "Magic Eraser" as far from the boat as possible. They're basically ultra-fine sandpaper and will destroy almost every part of the boat they come in contact with.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, mikeo said:

One important bit of advice, keep the "Magic Eraser" as far from the boat as possible. They're basically ultra-fine sandpaper and will destroy almost every part of the boat they come in contact with.

Yes to this!  Everyone "thinks" it does no harm.  To test and validate it is damaging, use Magic Eraser on your gel.  Be prepared to get out the compound and buffer to get the shine back.  Steam will dive deeper than anything else.

Edited by hawaiianstyln
11 hours ago, mikeo said:

Yep. The abrasive takes the top UV protection coat off of the vinyl in the area that it is used and down the road you will really notice it.

• Like 1