Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom over the tower cover

wboardx20

Hey guys, figured I'd throw this out there to see who has actually done it. Has anyone had a custom over the tower cover built? I'm trying to find one for my Axis T23. I've seen a lot of pictures of them on different groups but haven't been able to track down someone who sells them besides having custom work done. My Evolution cover isn't coming in until July and I'd like to find something I could use from May-July and then have for storage. 

10 hours ago, ROFF said:

I picked up a Carver over the tower cover everything cover.     Not a custom but it fits very nice.   

What model Malibu or Axis was it for? 

I also purchased a Carver over the tower cover for my 2008 LSV and it does ok for my application but not sure how you plan on using it. I just use it on the weekend when we have the boat on the floating lift. The cover is kind of like a big tent and you have to secure it to the lift in multiple places which can be a pain. I have thought about taking the ratchet strap from my OEM cover and having someone install it in the Carver cover but there are not any canvas shops close to my area.

When I bought my cover it was around $300 but looking at the Carver website it seems that they have more than doubled. For $600-$800 I  would not get the Carver cover and just spend the money for a custom cover which is probably going to be $1500 plus.

Just my thoughts. 

I have an over the tower cover from skiboatcovers.com that works well but was in the $1300 range. Prob more expensive than your evo cover so not sure I’d drop that kinda dough for that short period of time and occasional storage unless you store outdoors.  I’m happy with how it’s held up and protected the boat the last 3 years. I can text or email pics if you want.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, wboardx20 said:

What model Malibu or Axis was it for? 

I have a 2002 Wakesetter.     I agree with the tent comment.    But that’s whaT I like about it.    I can cover EVERYTHING including boards on the rack.   It works for my storage situation.    I checked on a custom but that was $2K.