Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need a new trailer

tccombs

Does Anyone know where i can pick up a used  trailer for a malibu response LXI?

Mine was  hit  by a car  and totaled.... my boat was in the water at the time so that is fine. 

craigs list, ebay, skiitagain.com are 3 sites.

My trailer was struck by idiot driver.  Thankfully there was a local trailer maker...Cost me $5500 for tandem axle, HD wheels and tires, disc brakes both axles, and a few other features that I wanted.

Good luck!

Edited by greybeaver
6 hours ago, greybeaver said:

craigs list, ebay, skiitagain.com are 3 sites.

My trailer was struck by idiot driver.  Thankfully there was a local trailer maker...Cost me $5500 for tandem axle, HD wheels and tires, disc brakes both axles, and a few other features that I wanted.

Good luck!

And why wasn't this an insurance claim against the idiot driver??

6 hours ago, tccombs said:

Does Anyone know where i can pick up a used  trailer for a malibu response LXI?

Mine was  hit  by a car  and totaled.... my boat was in the water at the time so that is fine. 

Insurance????

Get the other party to pay for it!

If they don’t have any insurance and will be sitting behind bars soon, your uninsured motorist insurance should cover it.

Remember, on this site we are really good on spending someone else’s money!  We are ready to help you spend theirs!

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

And why wasn't this an insurance claim against the idiot driver??

who said it wasn't??

The cost of the new trailer was $5500.  I did not have to pay $5500.

Edited by greybeaver
1 hour ago, dlb said:

Get the other party to pay for it!

If they don’t have any insurance and will be sitting behind bars soon, your uninsured motorist insurance should cover it.

Remember, on this site we are really good on spending someone else’s money!  We are ready to help you spend theirs!

Love how the Monday QB's throw in their 2 cents!  Sitting behind bars....that is funny!!  WOuld that be a misdomeaner or felony??

You should check and see what minimums you need to be insured!  You'd be surprised!

Edited by greybeaver
22 hours ago, greybeaver said:

Love how the Monday QB's throw in their 2 cents!  Sitting behind bars....that is funny!!  WOuld that be a misdomeaner or felony??

You should check and see what minimums you need to be insured!  You'd be surprised!

The point being an uninsured motorist is in trouble with the law.  If they have insurance it is on them, unless you were at fault.

If you have insurance it should include uninsured motorist insurance.

They are are in more trouble than they are.

Get professional help!  Quit your ranting.

Contact a good lawyer.  They are way more helpful than the internet!.

Edited by dlb

Guys get over the insurance coverage deal.
In Cali minimum is 5k. Ask me how I know. I just had a service body wrecked. First estimate was $6700.00.  I talked to a couple bed shops and they said totaled. I went back to the insured and said it was not going to cover it. Truck is fine. They renegotiated and agreed totaled $27k. I am like cool cut me a check. Their answer. “Sorry, insured is only insured for $10k. And after my complaints they said. “Be glad they aren’t at the minimum of $5k. 

Another contractor that I know had 10k in damage. The guy hit 3 cars so he got roughly 1500.00. And

HIS UNINSURED MOTORIST WOULD NOT PAY BECAUSE THE GUY HAD INSURANCE. 

Sometimes it is not worth fighting. YOUR OWN insurance. 

I know this was a rough read. sorry for that. But hopefully I got my point across. 

3 hours ago, dlb said:

The point being an uninsured motorist is in trouble with the law.  If they have insurance it is on them, unless you were at fault.

If you have insurance it should include uninsured motorist insurance.

They are are in more trouble than they are.

Get professional help!  Quit your ranting.

Contact a good lawyer.  They are way more helpful than the internet!.

The point being, and reality is....there will NEVER be jail time and probably not even a ticket....if your comment was meant to elicit some humor it failed, miserably.  And if you meant actual jail time, then you are clueless as to how enforcement of the motor vehicle code works.

I am assuming when you say in trouble with the law, you mean like when caught jay walking? or something more serious like littering?

And not ranting, merely stating the facts.  Unlike your incongruous babbling.

Sparky450 is spot on and point well made!.....minimum is $5000.  In my accident, the long haired fella type hit and wiped out my trailer, THEN hit 3 cars that were following me.  SO you tell me how to recoup the $5500 to replace my trailer when that $5000 is divvied up 4 ways??

And in my case, after hitting 4 cars/trailer, and then trying to take off, getting about 200 yards before his car finally conked out, the Sheriff did not even issue a ticket!!  So you tell me what that Sheriff is going to do about no insurance!

In your case, do contact a good lawyer, the lawyer can explain how things really work.  Even a bad lawyer could get your mind right.

Edited by greybeaver
ahopkins22LSV

Guys, the OP simply asked where the best place is to get a new trailer. Not what to do with insurance. I’m not even sure how we got here, but let’s please get back on topic. 

@tccombs unfortunately I think it’s going to be hard to find a used one. I’d be calling boatmate and  Phoenix trailers to see what your options are for new. 

10 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Guys, the OP simply asked where the best place is to get a new trailer. Not what to do with insurance. I’m not even sure how we got here, but let’s please get back on topic. 

@tccombs unfortunately I think it’s going to be hard to find a used one. I’d be calling boatmate and  Phoenix trailers to see what your options are for new. 

I could not agree more!

and yes, used trailers are hard to come by!

• 3 weeks later...