Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 23LSV tower speakers Options that are NOT shelf mounted

Superdice7

2020 G3.5 23 LSV options, I want to avoid the shelf mount for my tower speakers.  Icon8s use a shelf.  

-   the Rev10s appear to be the only factory option to meet this requirement.  Does anyone know about Rev8s and how they mount?  

- Dealer said the portal shows Rev10 only available as a 2 pair option.  Is anyone aware of a 1 pair of Rev10s Option in 2020?  Thx!

2 hours ago, Superdice7 said:

2020 G3.5 23 LSV options, I want to avoid the shelf mount for my tower speakers.  Icon8s use a shelf.  

-   the Rev10s appear to be the only factory option to meet this requirement.  Does anyone know about Rev8s and how they mount?  

- Dealer said the portal shows Rev10 only available as a 2 pair option.  Is anyone aware of a 1 pair of Rev10s Option in 2020?  Thx!

From our recent build it was not an option for a single pair of Rev10s. This is why we went with 4 X Rev8s. We wanted 4 tower speakers but did not want to lose head space from the 4 X Rev10s.

Either get the Wetsounds adapter or upgrade to the Gx Tower (which doesn't use shelves.)  I agree that 1 pair of Rev10's is the way to go which is what I did... I just had my dealer order the speakers as "parts" separate from the boat.

3 hours ago, Superdice7 said:

Icon8s use a shelf.

The Malibu 8" coaxials do. The actual model you listed, can be used direct-mounted to an aftermarket adapter or using a swivel/disconnect mount to same adapter. There 8" HLCD and 10" HLCD that will also mount in the same manor with the same hardward.  

On 1/2/2020 at 12:53 PM, gregtay said:

Either get the Wetsounds adapter or upgrade to the Gx Tower (which doesn't use shelves.)  I agree that 1 pair of Rev10's is the way to go which is what I did... I just had my dealer order the speakers as "parts" separate from the boat.

If you go the Gx route you can’t get Rev8 or Icon8. 4x Rev10 is the only factory tower speaker option on the Gx tower. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 4:01 AM, IXFE said:

If you go the Gx route you can’t get Rev8 or Icon8. 4x Rev10 is the only factory tower speaker option on the Gx tower. 

Oh that's right... which is why I went with no speakers.... I didn't want 4x10's up there and they gave me no other choice.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:13 AM, Orangemxz said:

Not too mention rev 10's from wetsounds are way cheaper. Either their bracket or Gx. It's very easy if you get the Gx

Strangely that wasn't the case.  My dealer quoted me a price for the Malibu version that was less than the going price for the WS version (which I thought was odd... but didn't argue.)