Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bluetooth remote discontinued - solution?

Nitrousbird

Two seasons ago, I went with the JL Audio Bluetooth solution with the Scosche Tapstick.

Unfortunately, our last boating trip of 2019 resulted in the remote being lost.  No biggie, it is cheap and I assumed I would need to replace a lost one here and there when I went with this setup.  I didn't plan on them discontinuing it!  Normally, I'd just buy a couple on eBay and be done with it, but they have none either.

Any ideas on an alternative?  I have mag mounts on the dash and transom and love the setup.  I even used the clip and kept it attached to the pocket in my board shorts so I could control the music/Bluetooth volume while I was surfing.  

Here is the setup before the remote went missing:
20180428-105050.jpg
20180428-104426.jpg

2 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

do you have a Rocker switch bay you could make available,  no way to duplicate it to transom or as a remote but i really like my WS BT RS 

I could make one available, but what purpose would that serve?  It doesn't fix the transom situation, where it is needed the most.  My phone is on the wireless dock (not shown in the pic, as I was changing docks at the time), so though the remote is a little easier than hitting the phone, it's not enough to make a difference.  I'm familiar with the WS Bluetooth switch but it never made sense for me.

5 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

I could make one available, but what purpose would that serve?  It doesn't fix the transom situation, where it is needed the most.  My phone is on the wireless dock (not shown in the pic, as I was changing docks at the time), so though the remote is a little easier than hitting the phone, it's not enough to make a difference.  I'm familiar with the WS Bluetooth switch but it never made sense for me.

does WS MC1 or 2 have a wired transom remote?

27 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

does WS MC1 or 2 have a wired transom remote?

Sure does, but we are talking a full stereo redo at that point and a lot of other options besides Wetsounds.  That's a last resort but if I have to I will.