Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Second subwoofer option

247Sascha

Hello at all,

does anybody have the factory “two subwoofer” option in a 19” 23 LSV ? I haven’t seen one till yet and didn’t found any pictures of it in the net or in this forum. I’m interested in how the enclosure looks like and we’re it’s located. Also I like to know if they use a second amp for it ? 

Regards Sascha 

Don’t have it, but I have seen one in the flesh on a ‘19. Basically a square box that sits directly underneath the observers seat cushion. The one I saw was placed down into the storage depression allowing it to sit under the seat base and not touch the bottom of the cushion. It was suspended above the storage deck so it wouldn’t be sitting in the water. Not a bad location for it really. It takes away very little storage capability in that location. The ‘20s may have it located somewhere else. 

I have it my 2019 25LSV and assuming it is the same in the 23LSV, it is under the observer's seat as noted.   There is not a 4th amp for it, but I think an upgraded amp with another channel running it.  We like it - we can debate on here all day how much is left in the factory system if Malibu really let us tune the systems, but with the 2nd sub, this is the first factory system I haven't immediately been completely disappointed in.  

Edited by hethj7

Thank you for the quick reply guy’s.

I have ordered my boat with this option but they forgot to put it in while building the boat. Now I have an idea where the enclosure sits and how it looks like. If I see it right it’s a sealed one or is it ported ? I need to check if the amp will have enough power to fire up two of the woofers. If not I need to put another amp in with enough power just for the subs.

6 hours ago, 247Sascha said:

Thank you for the quick reply guy’s.

I have ordered my boat with this option but they forgot to put it in while building the boat. Now I have an idea where the enclosure sits and how it looks like. If I see it right it’s a sealed one or is it ported ? I need to check if the amp will have enough power to fire up two of the woofers. If not I need to put another amp in with enough power just for the subs.

Pretty sure it is sealed.    Dealer should be able to swap the amp pretty easily - just make sure they also update the stereo software tune as well since all that is digital.  

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 2
On 12/23/2019 at 6:10 PM, hethj7 said:

Pretty sure it is sealed.    Dealer should be able to swap the amp pretty easily - just make sure they also update the stereo software tune as well since all that is digital.  

2nd sub option gets another amp that will come pretuned from the factory if installed after the fact. No other updates needed.

They will also need to replace the radio black box so it has the second sub amp outputs.

Yes, it is sealed.

Edited by 23LSVOwner