Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wife needs new life jacket...

Ryan1776

Hello everyone! My wife underwent...ahem...augmentation surgery this past month. Lets just say, her Ronix pullover won't be forgiving enough in the upper chest region anymore! 

I've done some searching with not too much headway. I've read JetPilot are pretty forgiving to the upstairs twins. 
I have heard that side entry would be the way to go, certainly not a pullover. The side entry makes sense as you can have more coverage and "structure" from the vest in the immediate front area. But I bet you can also argue that the front zip would be easier entry/exit. It SEEMS the arm holes for front closer are larger...but that could very well be wrong. But smaller arm holes would certainly be advantageous. 

The problem I know we'll run into is while she's now larger up top she's still the same rib cage and waist as a women's medium Ronix pullover. 
So ladies and gents with ladies whom are blessed what are you using!?

I tried my best to not be vulgar and add a little humor to all this! 
Ryan 

PS-not a paid member...can't post photos. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Kojak said:

After a similar procedure, my wife went with this one.  She really likes it.

Hyperlite Women's Pro-V

Excellent thank you for the tip! 
Did she go up a size? So if she was M did she jump to L? 
I like the internal straps, would help sinch up at the waist to compensate for larger overall vest. 

Edited by Ryan1776
15 minutes ago, JeffK said:

Your humor is definitely appreciated.  I'd like to follow this thread just for the humor that's guaranteed to ensue.  I'd expect a gofundme account to be setup within the hour to handle your subscription fee to this site.  :)  

Sorry I have nothing of any real value to add to this conversation, nor do I anticipate needing to come back to this thread for information later.  I believe my wife currently subscribes to the WYSIWYG camp. 

HAHAHAH! I didn't want to come across as crass, but lets face it, it's a fun topic and great problem to have. :lol:

I actually had my buddy proof it before I posted to make sure it was a nice mix of good times and actual info! 
I said to him, I expect a notification that my account has been paid at some point today. So your gofundme cracked me up! :rofl:

Humor is always valued, so I appreciate your comment!

Just now, REHinH20 said:

Does she specifically require a pull over vest?  I hate to bust her preferences, but if she were to switch to one with straps, couldn't she theoretically just loosen the top strap?  I know many of us wish our boats also had larger cup holders, but sadly it's not something that could be enhanced without great cost.

Oh no not at all! She doesn't care which style it is. She'd actually prefer a side or front entry vest. 
That's true though, maybe just a the same size but loosen up the top. 

Might be great cost, but the results are worth the extra capacity, the math is easy though. V=(πr2h)/3

38 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

might be the most clever way to come up with the BuCrew cash I've ever seen...

Hhahaha!!! I only said that because I was sure to get "this thread is useless without pics!" Certainly not a ploy to get a membership. 

38 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I'd suggest a racerback style vest and then just wear it backwards ;)

:clap: I do agree with that. She'll have high amount of flotation back and front! 

Eagle Wetsuits used to make custom ski/board PFDs.  I knew a couple of guys who were so ripped that normal BF suits and PFDs would not fit.  So for the "Supersize my top half bits" crowd, try them they are still doing it.  Eagle does it too.  https://www.masterlineusa.com/pages/eagle-custom-program   Back in the day my wife had her triathlon suits custom made by Quintana Roo.  Amazing the difference between stock and custom fit.

21 hours ago, asp13 said:

Still waiting on pics of the wife...

18 hours ago, REHinH20 said:

Probably need before and after, like a project boat thread!

16 hours ago, greybeaver said:

Great idea!!  It s always good to collect observable and measurable data vs the anecdotal type of evidence.

HAHAHAH! Being winter up here in Michigan, the only photographic evidence I have for measurable data would be more fitting to sites you use incognito for. :biggrin:

15 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Eagle Wetsuits used to make custom ski/board PFDs.  I knew a couple of guys who were so ripped that normal BF suits and PFDs would not fit.  So for the "Supersize my top half bits" crowd, try them they are still doing it.  Eagle does it too.  https://www.masterlineusa.com/pages/eagle-custom-program   Back in the day my wife had her triathlon suits custom made by Quintana Roo.  Amazing the difference between stock and custom fit.

"supersize my top half bits" :clap:

That's a pretty good idea there too!

In case someone else ever comes across this thread....I did get a PM from a guy here who said the Hyperlite Logic Womens actually has chest cups built into it. Might take a look at that one. 

Edited by Ryan1776
  • 1 month later...

My wife may have this same dilemma here in a few years so I am happy this has been discussed. Although 2 of my sister-in- laws(kinda weird talking about them but they are attractive as well:Doh:) are not lacking any anatomy in the upstairs department. They wear a Jet Pilot vest that we have on our boat. They are small girls and I think that vest is a Small. They do have a little issue zipping it but once it's on they like the "security" it has. It is a side entry like most all of our vests on our boat. It is a comp best tho so no CGA. I am a supporter and I know this place likes pictures.... 

BBED0D91-445D-4507-B3FB-F0E2F5DDEEB1.jpeg

Edited by CBray4
53 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

My wife may have this same dilemma here in a few years so I am happy this has been discussed. Although 2 of my sister-in- laws(kinda weird talking about them but they are attractive as well:Doh:) are not lacking any anatomy in the upstairs department. They wear a Jet Pilot vest that we have on our boat. They are small girls and I think that vest is a Small. They do have a little issue zipping it but once it's on they like the "security" it has. It is a side entry like most all of our vests on our boat. It is a comp best tho so no CGA. I am a supporter and I know this place likes pictures.... 

BBED0D91-445D-4507-B3FB-F0E2F5DDEEB1.jpeg

Seems like a great winter thread topic in the making...

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

@Michigan boarder I am scared this will be me when I have children. I'm hoping I will mature a little before then but it's highly doubtful! 

I see no end in sight for me.  I still remember conferences for my then 2nd grader.  They went really well.  We went to some friends afterwards:

My wife to the other wife: "He's doing really great, reading above his level, and he just seems really happy when I pick him up at the end of the day.  We will be helping him with some extra work when school is out to help occupy..."

Me to the other husband: "Have you seen Ms. Xxx, the new 2nd grade teacher?  She's smokin' hot."

Edited by Michigan boarder