Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help - I'm looking to buy a launch/judge seat

Lakehouse5811

By the way, the factory base is also VERY stable.  It is surprising how it does not slide around or tip, it feels like it is installed, but then it lifts up and moves around really easily.  So if you can grab one you will not be disappointed, it's been a great addition to my little direct drive.

4 hours ago, JeffK said:

@Lakehouse5811 Pictures added.  I think we built this in 2004

@JeffK  Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that! It certainly does look solid and that was one of my concerns regarding even considering one. 

5 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Our place in SW MI was on Shafer Lake in Lawrence township.  Can't tell you how many times people were like "oh yeah, with the crow!" when describing our place and I'd have to correct them, wrong state. 

That's funny and very ironic. It's nice to know that our tiny town and lake have made an impression on people. Monticello, Indiana Beach and Lake Shafer are very unique and we're pretty proud of that. A lot of memories are made for a lot people from all over during the summer months.   

26 minutes ago, Lakehouse5811 said:

@JeffK  Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that! It certainly does look solid and that was one of my concerns regarding even considering one. 

Sure.  If it is something you want to see or purchase, just let me know.  You clearly don't have to use it as a sub enclosure if you don't want to.  I haven't bothered to look where Monticello IN is, but I'm just outside of Louisville for reference.

1 hour ago, JeffK said:

Sure.  If it is something you want to see or purchase, just let me know.  You clearly don't have to use it as a sub enclosure if you don't want to.  I haven't bothered to look where Monticello IN is, but I'm just outside of Louisville for reference.

Can I get in line for second place in case @Lakehouse5811 decides to go another route?  We have decided to keep our boat and not look for the v-drive, so another extra seat would be a welcomed addition.

Absolutely!  I thought I'd keep it and make a fun chair in the basement for the kiddos, but I'd probably yell the first time they stood on it with shoes on.  Doesn't make sense to hold onto it.  Shipping good be a bear.  I'll actually be up towards Toledo on Saturday, but I have no clue how far that is from you, especially since your town has the word north in it.  Some of my wife's family lives in Michigan and that's who we will be seeing this weekend.  I'll find out where they are just in case.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JeffK said:

They are in Lambertville

Which is in Michigan by like a mile, might as well be Toledo!  Cart before the horse though, need to hear from Lakehouse first.  My son goes to college at UofM in Ann Arbor and I'm over that way kind of often, which is like 50 miles from Toledo, so it could work out fine.

4 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Which is in Michigan by like a mile, might as well be Toledo!  Cart before the horse though, need to hear from Lakehouse first.  My son goes to college at UofM in Ann Arbor and I'm over that way kind of often, which is like 50 miles from Toledo, so it could work out fine.

@Michigan boarder   Thanks again and how much are you asking for it? 

6 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

If we need to arrange multiple drop offs I’m in metro Detroit and could help with holding it for a period of time or whatever. I will be visiting my parents near Grand Rapids next Sunday too. 

Malibucrew mail😁

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Lakehouse5811 said:

@JeffK   Thanks again and how much are you asking for it? 

I knew that question was coming.  I'm not really sure how to price this thing.  How about I go mid point between the two prices listed here?  $380