Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 - 21 vride

Taffy

Finally found this forum. I recently purchased a 2102 21 v-ride and trying to figure out a few good places to order new carpet (or sea deck) new boat cover plus a few other things. I’m having a great deal of trouble finding items for this boat (web search, etc.) when using v-ride as the keyword, is this boat the same as other Malibu models? Say the 21 VLX? If so, what what year/model do I look for? Sorry a bit lost here. 

Welcome to the Crew. Most everything for a VLX should be applicable to your V Ride. The motor and the addition or lack of the power wedge and ballast systems being the biggest differences. With the G3 tower the factory covers will be available but pricy considering the construction. Some on here have gone with aftermarket covers (Evolution) with great results and a good bit more cost. I store mine indoors and tow less than 3 miles round trip so I high dollar cover wasn't on my to get list. If you are going to store it outdoors and hang on to the boat for awhile that might be something to consider. I went with Gator Step on my 2010 LSV and loved it. You will want to template your own boat because even though Malibu uses the same mold repeatedly, there are subtle differences between consecutively built boats that will produce alignment issues between boats. For the motor if it isn't the 350 Monsoon then most likely the 320 LCR. Oil and filter changes can be done for both through the local auto parts place or Wally World a lot cheaper than through the dealer. Because you are on the "left coast", go to the Bakes online website or call them and they can most likely get your questions answered. I have used them in the past with great results.

• Like 2

https://www.bakesonline.com/

They make covers, carpet savers, and carry pretty much any part you need.  Lots of Malibu specific and hard to find parts.  

Right now they are having 20% off the entire site which only happens once a year.  I bought a Bimini this time last year and it’s good quality.  

Great place to start if you have questions Andrew is very helpful. 

• Like 1

Bakes is the bomb.  Really really good guys that could get you really anything.  Cannot tell you how many times these guys found what I needed quick.  Sometimes I did not even k ow what I needed. Super knowledgable 

• Like 1
On 11/27/2019 at 8:21 AM, Taffy said:

Finally found this forum. I recently purchased a 2102 21 v-ride and trying to figure out a few good places to order new carpet (or sea deck) new boat cover plus a few other things. I’m having a great deal of trouble finding items for this boat (web search, etc.) when using v-ride as the keyword, is this boat the same as other Malibu models? Say the 21 VLX? If so, what what year/model do I look for? Sorry a bit lost here. 

2005 to 2008 vlx is the same hull and most parts will be the same as those years with a few exceptions. I have an 11 vride and have had better success searching for vlx parts of those years.  Good luck and agree that Bakes is an excellent place to start.

• Like 1