Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

O'Neill Men's Fluid 3mm Neoprene Drysuit

2020LSV23

ahopkins22LSV

Nice! You are going to be very happy with that. Since you are in a northern climate I’d still recommend a full length dry suit and a few heater tops. Heater tops are great because they are not nearly as expensive and are perfect for those days that need a bit of chill taken out. I have two so I can take the wet one off and put a dry one on for my second set. O’Neill hyper freak are the ones I have and love them. I know five friends that bought the same ones after I did lol. 

4 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Nice! You are going to be very happy with that. Since you are in a northern climate I’d still recommend a full length dry suit and a few heater tops. Heater tops are great because they are not nearly as expensive and are perfect for those days that need a bit of chill taken out. I have two so I can take the wet one off and put a dry one on for my second set. O’Neill hyper freak are the ones I have and love them. I know five friends that bought the same ones after I did lol. 

Are the heather tops for the head to stay warmer? I’ll order the Hyper freaks if they are good thanks for feedback!

ahopkins22LSV

No it is just a long sleeve shirt more or less, but still a wetsuit. The do make caps.

This is the heater top I have: https://www.evo.com/wetsuits/oneill-15mm-hyperfreak-long-sleeve-wetsuit-top#image=134765/553624/o-neill-1-5mm-hyperfreak-long-sleeve-wetsuit-top-.jpg

Here are the hood options Evo.com has: https://www.evo.com/shop/wake/wetsuits/hoods

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

No it is just a long sleeve shirt more or less, but still a wetsuit. The do make caps.

This is the heater top I have: https://www.evo.com/wetsuits/oneill-15mm-hyperfreak-long-sleeve-wetsuit-top#image=134765/553624/o-neill-1-5mm-hyperfreak-long-sleeve-wetsuit-top-.jpg

Here are the hood options Evo.com has: https://www.evo.com/shop/wake/wetsuits/hoods

The Fluid drysuit is very tight on me, not sure if I could wear a wetsuit underneath it. Do you think a hood would help a lot for warmth?

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

The Fluid drysuit is very tight on me, not sure if I could wear a wetsuit underneath it. Do you think a hood would help a lot for warmth?

Hood, yes. Keeping your head warm is important. I don’t wear the heater too under my drysuit. It’s for the 60 summer mornings when the water is still warming up. I am trying to say that you will want to transition from dry suit, to full wetsuit to heater top to nothing then the opposite direction as the boating season comes and goes. 

Even though the new drysuits have gotten way better they are still big and not as comfortable as other options when you don’t need to be completely dry. Everyone prefers something different though. That’s just my suggestion. 

24 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Hood, yes. Keeping your head warm is important. I don’t wear the heater too under my drysuit. It’s for the 60 summer mornings when the water is still warming up. I am trying to say that you will want to transition from dry suit, to full wetsuit to heater top to nothing then the opposite direction as the boating season comes and goes. 

Even though the new drysuits have gotten way better they are still big and not as comfortable as other options when you don’t need to be completely dry. Everyone prefers something different though. That’s just my suggestion. 

Ok I am understanding much better! I will look into a wet suit also to transition into. Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1