Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis vs MB

Gz2208

MB makes a nice boat and i would say its a step above Axis as far as F&F. When i was in the market i looked at them and liked them quite a bit. They are a smaller operation however and dealer support was the major issue i had. None in Wisc and didn't feel like driving to MI if something went wrong. But if you have dealer support, i would say go MB over Axis. 

I liked my MB and would’ve strongly considered another if my very very good dealer (Larson Marine in Sacramento) had been closer.  Driving 120 miles each way just became intolerable. 

Axis and MB are different boats and have different strengths and weaknesses.  Wakeboard wise, Axis has Smaller / rampier / more beginner friendly wakes. MB is steeper and requires more speed to clean up. MB was better through chop than my axis. 

On 12/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, shawndoggy said:

I liked my MB and would’ve strongly considered another if my very very good dealer (Larson Marine in Sacramento) had been closer.  Driving 120 miles each way just became intolerable. 

Axis and MB are different boats and have different strengths and weaknesses.  Wakeboard wise, Axis has Smaller / rampier / more beginner friendly wakes. MB is steeper and requires more speed to clean up. MB was better through chop than my axis. 

Yeah more of a v-hull design like tige.  Hence the better performance in rough water, but more finicky wake.  I remember when axis first came out they had the wakeboard wake everyone wanted, now things have just gone nuts wake wise.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:58 AM, shawndoggy said:

I don't know about Axis but my Malibu 22lsv cuts through chop sooo much smoother then my MB F22 did.  

48 minutes ago, breakz77 said:

I don't know about Axis but my Malibu 22lsv cuts through chop sooo much smoother then my MB F22 did.  

yeah I had a 23, so can't speak to the F22.  The 23 was soooooo smooth in the chop, and we never took a drop of water over the bow in four seasons, despite my incompetent driving.  I've definitely taken a little here and there in the axis.

• Like 2
On 11/25/2019 at 10:50 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

Really? You ever talk to Mike or visit the factory?  See how much better their materials are than Malibu? MB open bows were every bit as good as what Bill Snook produced. Honestly, enough with the fan-boi stuff.

Oh see, now you've done it.  get your flame suit on....  LOL