Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tesla Cybertruck

UWSkier

Little glimpse of some real world towing with a model x. 
1% battery for one mile towing an empty car trailer Is not good. Empty trailer supposedly 1/2 of normal and with a car 1/4 the range. Lol. 
Also jackknife the trailer at every supercharger . 

Edited by Cole2001
On 12/19/2019 at 11:33 AM, RyanB said:

Young, dumb, idealistic, significantly more time than money, you found your tow vehicle.

I'll agree on the dumb and maybe the idealistic part.  Mostly it's about physics and managing expectations.  I think the Cybertruck will work for me since a lot of my 100 mile round-trip towing is to take my tractor to the farm, and Tesla just happens to have a SuperCharger station about three miles away from the farm just in case I would need to top off.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 2:53 PM, justgary said:

I'll agree on the dumb and maybe the idealistic part.  Mostly it's about physics and managing expectations.  I think the Cybertruck will work for me since a lot of my 100 mile round-trip towing is to take my tractor to the farm, and Tesla just happens to have a SuperCharger station about three miles away from the farm just in case I would need to top off.

For what it's worth; my father-in-law has had a model S since it came out in I think 2014. He loves it. I've driven it on several 1000 plus mile trips and had no issues. I can't speak to the towing, but 6 years in, he's definitely sold on Tesla. My wife's next car will probably be a 3 or the new SUV if they don't put those falcon doors on it.