Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tesla Cybertruck

UWSkier

Ordered!  It won’t look like that when it gets to production. The demand on these long wait vehicles is ridiculous so I figure I might as well get in line and flip it if I don’t want it (or cancel since it’s fully refundable). 

I ordered all wheel drive but not the big motors since that is 2022 Production. 

17 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/cars/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-truck/index.html

Some more pictures here.  Reminds me of an avalanche in the rear shot. 

Not a buyer at any price, but they'll sell plenty to the save the earth poser crowd. 

I'd be drooling over an electric avy.  Utility wise, they are great.  I just need mine to tow more....

22 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I'd be drooling over an electric avy.  Utility wise, they are great.  I just need mine to tow more....

I need mine to be able to go 1000 miles in a day with minimal stops and stop time. Maybe someday an electric vehicle will be capable of that. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

500 miles of range though....  at least that part is getting somewhere.

With an EV there are a lot of qualifiers on that 500 miles of range though.  Is it cold outside is a big one.  Co worker of mine has an Audi Etron and he says that the range drops significantly when it gets cold out due to the battery temp management and the internal heat. His range is more in the 200 mile neighborhood though - and under perfect conditions.

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

NOT,  you ever read the story about the guy who took his Tesla to the airport In Texas and on his way home with a mostly dead battery trying to find the ridiculously slow charging stations (starting with the airport one that gave him 10-20% in 4 hours) with some in some real seedy areas on his way home he could barely find ,  took him almost a day to get home 100 miles 

OR the guy who did a family vacation in his snd his charging stories 

so if you test that 500 range pulling a boat your likely to suffer the same fate

Electric is only viable with home charging and daily commutes 

Edited by granddaddy55

You guys are missing the point.  Just think how cool you would look when you show up at the ramp towing your Nautique Paragon with that thing.  That's all that really matters.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, justgary said:

You guys are missing the point.  Just think how cool you would look when you show up at the ramp towing your Nautique Paragon with that thing.  That's all that really matters.

Actually this an a Pavati are a match made in heaven (or hell). 

• Like 3

Tesla's are generally good looking vehicles, so I'm hoping this design is just a PR stunt.

Hopefully, since this truck may come in handy on the west coast when California bans new internal combustion engines in a few years. WA and OR won't be far behind.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

No way that will go 500 miles towing though. 

Edited by COOP
  • Like 2

I have been keeping an eye on Rivian as my next truck, but in all honesty if I do switch one of my vehicles to electric it'll more likely be my wife's around town compact CUV that almost never goes more than 80 miles from home. 

This does seem like a stunt though. Why build the shell out of steel? 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

This does seem like a stunt though. Why build the shell out of steel? 

Pretty sure I read it uses an exoskeleton vs a traditional frame. Whatever that means. Optimistically I assume that means stronger yet lighter.

I think it is ugly, but I do really like the concept. Specs fit well within my usage needs.

• Like 1