Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 vinyl

Ifinallygota21v

On 11/15/2019 at 1:31 PM, Ifinallygota21v said:

Heard that there will be “new” cool touch vinyl for 2020. Anyone have the skinny?

Black, graphite and 2 brown colors I believe. I got the black cool touch . 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, Ifinallygota21v said:

Heard that there will be “new” cool touch vinyl for 2020. Anyone have the skinny?

hasn't cool touch been available for a few years?

20 minutes ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

It is my understanding that the “Cool touch” vinyl used in MC, Supra, Tige, Bu is from the same company 

That is my understanding as well. I’ve also heard no protectant necessary but some have said use protectant. What is known for sure is to only clean with soap and water. Anything other than soap and water while cleaning will damage the coating

Cool touch Used in Malibu and Tige is almost the same - sprayed vinyl so you can’t use any chemicals for cleaning just soap. Mastercraft is completely different material - very high quality and rich look. Cannot be compared to other vinyls used on other boats. 

8 hours ago, greg2222 said:

Cool touch Used in Malibu and Tige is almost the same - sprayed vinyl so you can’t use any chemicals for cleaning just soap. Mastercraft is completely different material - very high quality and rich look. Cannot be compared to other vinyls used on other boats. 

Noticed the MC it's super nice!! New Malibu stuff feels cheaper IMO compared to the old 16 stuff. I don't get the cool touch, like it's a big deal to make worse vinly over?  Who doesn't throw towels on the seats anyway

If a big emphasis is on soap only it means fragile and cheap IMO, soap won't rid of everything, dried  spider poop and soap.. have fun with that.. 

Seems Malibu Is taking a big step backwards on vinyl, but I'm sure it cost less and marketing likes the sound of cool touch..

It saddens me to say but Go check out a MC that's stuff is NICE! Anyone surfed the new X26 yet?  

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Noticed the MC it's super nice!! New Malibu stuff feels cheaper IMO compared to the old 16 stuff. I don't get the cool touch, like it's a big deal to make worse vinly over?  Who doesn't throw towels on the seats anyway

If a big emphasis is on soap only it means fragile and cheap IMO, soap won't rid of everything, dried  spider poop and soap.. have fun with that.. 

Seems Malibu Is taking a big step backwards on vinyl, but I'm sure it cost less and marketing likes the sound of cool touch..

It saddens me to say but Go check out a MC that's stuff is NICE! Anyone surfed the new X26 yet?  

Per Cory dugger vp of engineering at Malibu it is the exact same product mastercraft uses . So not sure what your talking about . If you get it on a Mc you must follow the same rules . The black vinyl in tests stays the same temp as regular white so I would definitely say it does work . Also this vinyl is 3x more expensive so I’m not sure it is something they are trying to just make money on . I felt it on the 240 that was at sema and it’s far from cheap lol 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

How do you get to it being cheap because it says to only use soap to wash the cool touch? It was stated above that the cool touch has a coating on it and using any chemical other than soap could remove the coating. 

You are one of the few that I’ve heard say they don’t like the feel. I personally think it feels way softer and more comfy. I’m also happy that I don’t have the diamond pattern to scrub dirt/sunscreen out of anymore. But it’s all personal preference.

The MC at show last yr felt very durable not sure if any difference on their 19s vs 20 and then Malibu 19s vs 20s etc.. 

My opinion is that a flexible substrate with any kind of coating will simply wear off how well can it actually bond? 

Edited by The Hulk
On 11/23/2019 at 10:23 PM, greg2222 said:

Mastercraft is completely different material - very high quality and rich look. Cannot be compared to other vinyls used on other boats. 

Yea, we felt the same when upgrading 3 months ago.  MC cool feel felt very premium.  However, we couldn't wrap our minds around the premium for something that didn't surf to the same level.

Yes so I was thinking if someone take interior finish from Mastercraft, build quality from Nautique and performance from Malibu can create SUPER BOAT 🚣‍♀️. But as for now ... it is what it is.

• Like 3
On 11/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, greg2222 said:

Yes so I was thinking if someone take interior finish from Mastercraft, build quality from Nautique and performance from Malibu can create SUPER BOAT 🚣‍♀️. But as for now ... it is what it is.

I think it's built from aluminum, called a pavati, and costs what all those do combined!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Anyone know what vinyl pavati is using? last I read they said industries strongest or best or thickest or whatever

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Anyone know what vinyl pavati is using? last I read they said industries strongest or best or thickest or whatever

For what a Pavati costs, it should be tanned hide from unicorns! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pavati - great idea, passion. But to be honest they need still needs working on this boats to eliminate issues .

I’m big fan of Pavati And as soon they provide finished costumer product I’ll be first one line to buy one.