Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Service - Nettles

jonthefireman

Just wanted to give a shout out to Nettles here in Austin.  As I continue to get my "new to me" baby ready for spring, I stopped by yesterday to drop off my 1235.  It had a few minor dings and dents that I wanted to have repaired, not only did I receive outstanding customer service I also gained a ton of knowledge from JT.  Along with having the 1235 tuned up, I wanted to replace it with a 2315 as I feel it's a way better choice for a 247 LSV.  JT sold me the 2315 at a great price, much lower than any vendor that I had found online plus knocked an additional $50 off the repair on the other. 

Obviously being local has an advantage, but if you need service and your willing to ship, these folks are just damn good people.  Family run for almost 50 years. 

On another note, I am probably going to sell the 1235 after getting it back.  If anyone is interested, let me know. 

IMG_1887.JPG

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, jonthefireman said:

Just wanted to give a shout out to Nettles here in Austin.  As I continue to get my "new to me" baby ready for spring, I stopped by yesterday to drop off my 1235.  It had a few minor dings and dents that I wanted to have repaired, not only did I receive outstanding customer service I also gained a ton of knowledge from JT.  Along with having the 1235 tuned up, I wanted to replace it with a 2315 as I feel it's a way better choice for a 247 LSV.  JT sold me the 2315 at a great price, much lower than any vendor that I had found online plus knocked an additional $50 off the repair on the other. 

Obviously being local has an advantage, but if you need service and your willing to ship, these folks are just damn good people.  Family run for almost 50 years. 

On another note, I am probably going to sell the 1235 after getting it back.  If anyone is interested, let me know. 

IMG_1887.JPG

Hi, How much would you sell your 1235 prop?  I'm about to order a new one.

I bought my last prop from them as they were cheaper than anywhere else and offered cheap shipping as well as the option to return. Highly recommend. Haven't serviced mine with them as I'm in Canada, for all the Canadians I would recommend prop masters in Alberta.

10 hours ago, Sims said:

Hi, How much would you sell your 1235 prop?  I'm about to order a new one.

After getting the 1235 back, it came out so good that I think I'm gonna keep it as my spare and let my 537 go instead.  I listed it in the classified section if your interested along with a prop puller tool. 

2 hours ago, jonthefireman said:

After getting the 1235 back, it came out so good that I think I'm gonna keep it as my spare and let my 537 go instead.  I listed it in the classified section if your interested along with a prop puller tool. 

Bingo, it’s an awesome prop for backup or a situation where you want to cruise a lot and won’t be maxing out the load,  I have the 2315 with my original 1235 as backup and I think you snd I are stuck with our old 537 backups 

Edited by granddaddy55
4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Bingo, it’s an awesome prop for backup or a situation where you want to cruise a lot and won’t be maxing out the load,  I have the 2315 with my original 1235 as backup and I think you snd I are stuck with our old 537 backups 

Hi Granddaddy,

What do you recommand between 1235 and 2315?  I have a malibu vdrive 2006 21 ft and I want to do wake surf, next summer will be my first year with the boat and I want to upgrade the prop. I was going for a 1235.  I'm on a small lake and I don't need very high speed more than 40 mph.

4 hours ago, Sims said:

Hi Granddaddy,

What do you recommand between 1235 and 2315?  I have a malibu vdrive 2006 21 ft and I want to do wake surf, next summer will be my first year with the boat and I want to upgrade the prop. I was going for a 1235.  I'm on a small lake and I don't need very high speed more than 40 mph.

Not to butt in... If you are buying from Nettles, give them a call and provide them with the boat and motor, altitude, weight you are pushing, and activities behind boat and they will be able to select the best prop for your application. I highly recommend this as variables change from person to person. They did me right and I buy all my props from them (3 thus far lol... I like to kill them evidently).

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Sims said:

Hi Granddaddy,

40+ speeds are not the way to judge this,  it’s the load factors , 2315 more economical under heavy load and can do what the 1235 can’t like heavy wakeboarding and heavy surfing plus a big crew , unlimited weight from ballast and big crew takes a 2419 or OJ 945, 2315 almost doing what these will do but not quite but keep rpms lower than these,  but at big weight and big crew they may be more economical that the 2315 would be struggling to do that , 2315 has limits

I like both but run the 2315 ,  but my wife and I are mostly alone and can do fine with the 1235 ( my spare now) but as soon as I put 700 lead in boat and ran stock tanks plus wedge my economy went way down wakeboarding (but most of us don’t do that as long as we surf),  2315 planes us faster and burns less fuel,  seems to be more economical surfing as well with my app 4000 lb drag load including wedge and 700 lead

if you want to cruise faster with no ballast and small crew the 1235 will run less rpms  at higher speeds but only give you 2-3 miles an hour faster at 5000 rpm but who wants to do that to their motor all day