Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rockford Fosgate replacement?

TexasBu

I have a 2015 23 LSV with the 8x Rockford Fosgate speakers. One of the 8" is blown and needs to be replaced. Are these the PM282 or M282? also is there one single amp running all 8 of them? I think ill upgrade the amp as well.

Thanks

^^^^ You will need to fabricate a reducer ring backing  to go behind the panel to mount those 8" in place of the existing OEM 8". They are slightly smaller, but the grill will just cover the old mounting holes. 

Those speakers look nice, but i went ahead and got a replacement set of PM282s from ebay, open box for a little over 200$. I think I will use the p500x2 amp that is powering the tower and use it for the cabin speakers. then either use the p400x4 for the bow speakers and get a new amp for the tower speakers. I see some used p1000x2 amps on ebay for about 200$, would this work well for 4x icon 8s? Ive read this amp gets pretty hot. Class D would be nice but Im not that worried about battery drain, ive never had aproblem before and id rather save the money. What do you guys think?

Edited by TexasBu