Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PCM 350 Monsoon Winterizing Questions!!!

I have went thru these steps to drain the engine... except for the raw water plugs. I can’t for the life of me to get either one of them to budge. 

this doesn’t have a garden hose to unscrew???? 

what I have drained... 

drained blocks each side

pulled J hose

pulled V drive brass plug 

pulled both hoses off impeller pump 

pulled exhaust manifold plugs 

drained flush pro housing 

I haven’t pulled the #4 transmission cooler hose yet. It’s in a tough spot. 

What have I missed and what can I do about those raw water plugs?! 

boat is in a 40x50 insulated garage but I’m still trying to cover all bases... 

B893232-B-B948-4-B1-E-9-EEE-6670375-C6-C

Edited by DylanR

I can’t get my raw water drain plugs to move... I have drained the blocks and the exhaust manifolds...  but can’t get the raw water plugs to budge!! 

ahopkins22LSV

I don’t see raw water plugs referenced in the document? Which are you talking about? 

I do exactly as you just described. Then I run 5 gallons of antifreeze through the intake. On mine, that just barely starts dropping out of the exhaust. 

Also, do you have a heater? Make sure you blow out the lines and core form removing the hoses from the engine water pump. I personally use lung pressure. Some people use compressed air but I’d keep the pressure really low. Like 20psi or less. 

• 1 month later...

trans plug may need a breaker bar the first time (IIRC it's painted over, in addition to being in there too tight).  When you put it back in, don't reef on it.  Just what you can spin in finger tight plus like maybe 1/8 to 1/4 turn ... basically tight enough that it won't fall out.  It won't leak and it's still gonna feel tighter than you think next season.