Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 and towing with 2019 Raptor

RCorsa

I bought a m235 and a 2500HD Denali last year with the thinking I would trailer a lot.   I found I only tow my boat back and forth to indoor storage about 15 miles each year The other 363 days I have a truck that’s hard to use in a big city.   As such, today I traded in the 2500 for a new 2019 Raptor.   I know the m235 is 6000 pounds but any advice is welcome as far as toe hitch, drop etc.   thanks y’all 

Edited by RCorsa

Thought the raptors can only handle 6-7k from their soft suspension. Your trailer is probably well over 1k#s.  

Shoulda got a platinum,

About 2* the gas mileage and more creature comforts. Max tow package all options fully loaded plat 69-70k and you get about 13k lbs towing. Would be a lot more comfortable drive than a raptor for daily city /hwy driving.. rides way nicer than a Denali with more gettyup too. 

Raptors look BA though!! . but that's about it , their function seems too limited for practical use,.. how about a Shelby version!

Edited by The Hulk

A good friend of mine has a raptor and just bought an rzx3 which will be similar weight and he said it wasn't too bad. Your main problem you need to solve is just solving the rear squat with some bags or block inserts. 

Especially if you only tow to storage I wouldn't worry about it. 

Yah not Too worried about the weight really. The raptor says 8000 pounds.  When I bought the 2500 and the M235 we lived downtown seattle  and have since bought a parcel of land on the lake and are building a home where the M will live all spring summer and fall .  Dock was completed yesterday so now will just tow to indoor storage in winter.  IXFE what hitch and drop do you use? 

33 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Raptor can do it. I’ve towed a G with a Raptor several hours through the sticks of Norther Michigan. No problems. 

F8551B3A-4030-4B0E-BD8A-4D372F6BEC66.gif

Road markings are more of a suggestion than requirement up there?

5 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

I forgot why I stopped posting here with haters like bamaboy that have nothing else to do than hate.  Lol. You know the pool boy job is still available although we’ve upgraded from the chlorine to the lake.  

I was giving you actual advice.  I run the timbren SES on my raptor to help with sag.  They are nice 15 min mod 

However my advice comes with a friendly jab.  Thicken that skin up bro

6 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

I was giving you actual advice.  I run the timbren SES on my raptor to help with sag.  They are nice 15 min mod 

However my advice comes with a friendly jab.  Thicken that skin up bro

Fair.  My bad.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

Fair.  My bad.  

No worries. they do limit downward travel so many guys don't like them for off road purposes.  City driving...not an issue  

The nice thing is they can be swapped back out for factory in about 15 minutes.  

• Like 2

Short distances a tundra can tow a space shuttle lol,

I know how a 1500 handles my boat at 7000 ish, once was enough.A  m235 showeee I'd hate to tow that with a 1500 much less a raptor for any distances. 

Edited by 1HELLUVALIFE

Ill hit the Timbren dealer next week.  Thanks.  That’s a great idea.  The m is about 6200 pounds and the trailer 1200 so under that the 8000 limit but I totally get it not made for interstate use.  As mentioned,  the reason I got the 2500 6.6l turbo diesel was assuming I’d be doing much more trailering but instead it was just collecting dust (1500 miles last year) holding surf boards, skis  and outdoor equipment most of the year.  That said, figured something more fun and could pull the boat 15 miles twice a year would be Ok. 

Edited by RCorsa

I tow my M235 with my raptor.   Squatted a ton stock but was still drivable.  I changed the rear leaf springs to Deavers 2+ and the unloaded and loaded ride improved.  Plus the squatting was less.    

@RCorsa, I think you are considerably light on your weight estimate.  I've had my LSV on a scale. Close to 7000 pounds with the trailer ready to hit the lake.

That said, 15 miles a couple times a year, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

@RCorsa, what are your thoughts on the M240?  Gonna upgrade??

Talked to the dealer. Seemed like a ton of cash for better stereo and integrated surf gate.  Hard to know real world difference so maybe make informed decision next summer for a 2021.  

8 hours ago, RyanB said:

@RCorsa, I think you are considerably light on your weight estimate.  I've had my LSV on a scale. Close to 7000 pounds with the trailer ready to hit the lake.

That said, 15 miles a couple times a year, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yep he is definitely under on his estimate. My 18 23LSV it 7,250 lb on the cat scales ready to drop in the lake.