Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Taking barefooters and skiers out, change prop?

granddaddy55

Running the 2315 for heavy surfing and wakeboarding ,  tested that prop at 5000 rpm with 700 lead , passenger , driver at 41 mph and 42-42+ at WOT which is about 52-5300 with that load 

i think I remember with out  lead my 1235 doing better obviously around 40-42 at some rpm below 5000, I think it may have been 46-4800,  just so long ago

so do I put on the 1235 if I take out the lead? They say they need anything 40 or just near it 

think their will be 3 adults in boat cabin maybe 4 plus skier on rope

not worried about fuel though I may if 2 or 3 guys do 2 long foot sets plus wife and my activities (slalom , maybe ride and surf but not all three and well just cut our activities short if it’s a problem  )

i supposedly have 48 gallons that will be full for ballast plus people 

mainly concerned about speed at 40 without going WOT with full gas and 3 in boat cabin 

leaning to prop change but don’t really want to bother 

only issue if I take out all the lead in bow is need for bow weight for slalom, guessing barefoot speed and different crossing technique make the nose weight not an issue at 40 mph with 3 in cabin ?

If it were mine, I'd change the prop so I'm not running WOT the whole time.  I'm assuming that changing your prop isn't a big deal to you.

I'd also take out any lead since you are now looking for a small wake, not a big one.  If you really need weight up front, ask two people to sit there.

We can normally ski a few times each and go for a 15 mile pleasure cruise at ~30 MPH and only use about 15 gallons.  You could leave some of your 48 gallons behind, but it depends on how long you will be at it.

• Like 2