Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Busted Mirror on '05 VLX!

Boomer

Ok, I've managed to bust the stock OEM mirror that came with my VLX. Was laying under some towels, I stepped on it, and crack... three cracks through it. Cry.gif

What I'd love is that big CIPA Extreme mirror. Do they make a version that will fit the stock mount on the Bu's? The CIPA Extreme I see on the web sites has the ball-mount type thing, and clamp for the top of the windshield. Not what we need to fit the stock mount on the Bu.

It would appear I need the same mount as it used on a tower-mounted mirror arm? It's basically a post that runs horizontally through a clamp on the mirror. The post then screws down to the windshield on the boat. There is half-ball type mount on the mirror at all.

Help!

Here in Texas we have Child Protective Services I wonder if there is such a thing as Bu Protective Services.

Hey now, that's just WRONG. :)

That was just the first thing that came to mind. Don't beat yourself up. You might try calling or emailing([email protected]) CIPA. I called them once about a warranty issue and they were pretty helpful.

Edited by wakeace

I have a factory CIPA mirror and mount (for the rounded windshield, never mounted) for sale. $50 plus shipping. PM or e-mail me if anyone is interested.

/Steve