Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 lsv vs 24mx

The Hulk

1 minute ago, granddaddy55 said:

Luv my pizza tray for draining and putting on warm wet shorts and rash shirts 

I'm making a new deeper aluminum one , did that in my 13 it was great ! tons more storage and you can walk in it!  The tray is way shallow on the 16 and could easily be near doubled in depth and still have 3-5 " remaining. Great storage area! 

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, The Hulk said:

It's not necessary more storage given new top deck design, especially in rear Lockers, given there's some reduction due to side ballast tanks coming up but they are also way smaller. I can easily get down in my Lockers to work, doubt I could fit down in a new lockers, and loss pizza tray, all around less storage, behind helm, a little gained from battery relocation and bow access but not nearly the same amount

Ok... more seat storage... 

And loss of the pizza tray? The 25 I was in last week most definitely had the pizza tray. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Ok... more seat storage... 

And loss of the pizza tray? The 25 I was in last week most definitely had the pizza tray. 

whoops sorry that was the 24 without tray. the 25 did have the tray (slightly smaller than past) but it could surely be deeper

On 11/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

we routinely have 6 adults and two toddlers in our vtx and we are only a 98” beam to start with! ;)

This was WAY to tight for us in a 21" VLX.  Leave the dock at 12 and come back at 8 in this configuration creates a want for more room.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

This was WAY to tight for us in a 21" VLX.  Leave the dock at 12 and come back at 8 in this configuration creates a want for more room.

I'm in a 22 VLX with a wider beam and I feel that way with that crew in our boat.  Fortunately we have a pontoon to split the crew, so it's not a terrible thing for us.  

ahopkins22LSV
50 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I agree it is tight, but its way better than the Response I came from! Also we have never spent 8 hours on the water at one time. 3-4 at a time, multiple days a week. I am lucky for that.

Well now the largest widebody boat is same as the lil narrow bodies.

Not sure what has more wasted space a new 25lsv or an x26? 

Boats are following in Boeing and Airbus footsteps, let's build a bigger one with less space! 

On 11/8/2019 at 6:25 PM, KatieM said:

I demo'ed the 24MXZ stock with 550 pNp in rear lockers and 25LSV with 900's in rear lockers within a few days of one another.  No contest, the 25LSV wave was superior by a long shot from a length, height and push perspective.  Looks wise I like the 24 MXZ better but I care first and foremost about the wave.  The MXZ wave had decent push for its size, and for sure it has potential, but if I can sell my a24 I am getting the 25LSV.  

Good luck and have fun!  

you are not comparing apple to apples here

• Like 3
On 11/8/2019 at 8:44 PM, greg2222 said:

Both boat are almost identical wake boarding wake , in my opinion wake surfing is little better on 24mxz.  I think 24 mxz is bigger boat , I understand people without kids don’t like 24mxz but when they will have kids they understand what is going on 24mxz bow space.

The bow is the most popular spot and everyone loves the bow of my MXZ including adults.  This is a total myth perpetuated by ppl that don't like pickleforks.

20 minutes ago, Chappy said:

The bow is the most popular spot and everyone loves the bow of my MXZ including adults.  This is a total myth perpetuated by ppl that don't like pickleforks.

Most people prefer the cabin that we boat with, even my friends with large bows don't use them all that much unless they have a large crew.  i like pickle forks, I was actually looking at a 24mxz when I bought my 25lsv.  The bow is a good if you're floating tied off to have an extra place to hang with quieter music, but we typically just fill it with ballast bags

2 hours ago, CJAY said:

Most people prefer the cabin that we boat with, even my friends with large bows don't use them all that much unless they have a large crew.  i like pickle forks, I was actually looking at a 24mxz when I bought my 25lsv.  The bow is a good if you're floating tied off to have an extra place to hang with quieter music, but we typically just fill it with ballast bags

I have only person that would sit up there and she does not come out anymore. Mainly storage for my surfboards lol. Everyone sits in cabin area on my boat.

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, The Hulk said:

Hopped in a new boat for a look and was shocked how much smaller the newer 25s are. Much more narrow cabin, perhaps it's from the overhang on seats but cabin is way more narrow between each side. It does appear the walls are  closer and then the seats overhanging the walls even more. Seats are deeper than older model for sure.. Love no more carpet walls and heater locations!  Back seat corners look terribly uncomfortable with the flip downs and large gaps everywhere, and then the aluminum handles sticking up on transom eww. The gap in wake bench/seats and side seats is freaking HUGE .... please "mind the gap" haha. Wouldn't want to bridge that gap when sitting.

Bow def smaller with cup holders protruding out into the seats where they use to be more tucked in the side walls a bit more.. bow definitely not as comfortable as older 16 model. Seat width seems like 1-1.5" in less between side and armrest

Transom way smaller for the ladies laying out not to mention careful not to lay in the aluminum seat back handles sticking up from flrip down backrest steps (terrible).. the fold down seat back steps are tiny in the 25 compared to the full seat back width on the 24mx. are there two options for these are that's it for the 25? The boat was shortened at back sides by angling the transoms to a point, storage greatly reduced in compartments and rear tubs no longer have the deeper recessed part so much less rear storage here also.. transom and rear was reduced a lot with the angle, it looks good but without a walkthrough it was a pointless waste of space to get that new edgy look IMO.. huge loss of function here.. flip down swim step is a must on any boat! Awwwwesome! 

G10.. meh.. should call it g3.10 same decade old bar look.. G10 is a must given a bridge situation for me and why not go power if I have to look at it.. 

Hopped in the 24mx and it seemed way more roomy than the new 25!! Well it is! What what???..  yes Wider cabin area between seats and without built in behind driver felt much more roomy much closer to the older 25s , only seems maybe a few inches shorter on pass side than the 25 but that's more than gained back without counsol behind driver and wider cabin area...and you can throw a real cooler behind driver here when seat flipped up. Accessible without opening a door.  the bow is obviously huge but overall there is def more room than the new 25s..and....yes one of those great walkthroughs in the rear! Bummer no pizza tray storage but nicer engine access...for the dealer or service guy at least 

Ughhhhh I hate blunt noses but now I'm forced to consider a mx as the new 25 seems like a downgrade in size compared to my 16.. what to do.. what to do.. 

They tried way too hard on the 25 re design IMO. Way to much wasted space. its way smaller cabin and bow for sure.  You guys that upgraded had to notice this more cramped less functional space feeling over 1st year models! Kills me at the thought of downgrading in size and going to a lil 24 footer boat that looks like a sporke. But man the 24 feels much better than the new 25s.. I can't believe just said that.. non i didn't yes I did no.. no.. I'm TB Fanboy..

I can't downgrade in size.. ego buzz kill!. why can they just slap 2ft on the old 25 mold and call it good!

maybe a custom nose cone for the 24mx, bring her to a point, call her a 26 and all is good?

Why not just keep the 2016?

2 hours ago, Raleigh said:

Why not just keep the 2016?

I am.. too sad they shrank it and put a powered g3 on it.. 

Waiting in a traditional bow pavati or 27lsv we'll see whos first.. 

Can't downgrade on cabin and floor space.. ever.. already gets too cramped with gear and 5-7ppl . I like my space! Ha

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Can't downgrade on cabin and floor space.. ever.. already gets too cramped with gear and 5-7ppl . I like my space! Ha

Get a 240 and give the tower this treatment.  Problem solved.

pontoon-tow-bar_blog.jpg

21 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Yeah I hear ya! Went in both and it does feel smaller. 
Was about to pull the trigger on an 2020 a22 but it just felt too small on the inside, now I’m looking at 2016 25 LSVs... 

1 hour ago, Raleigh said:

Yeah I hear ya! Went in both and it does feel smaller. 
Was about to pull the trigger on an 2020 a22 but it just felt too small on the inside, now I’m looking at 2016 25 LSVs... 

for the money a 16 25lsv is impossible to beat for wave price and size.. the 2016 is just way bigger feeling inside, we have kids, toys, dogs, and some guests at time and a full day on the water u will realize all the floor space u can get helps immensely, in a 25ft boat u should not have to step or kneel on seats to get around ppl.. I was able to get over the powered g3 15yr old look ,but the floor space just put me to a complete hault on upgrade for how we use our boat.. I'm depressed as it will be a while before they revamp again. 

Vandutch 30 with surf tabs added? 

Edited by The Hulk
23 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

for the money a 16 25lsv is impossible to beat for wave price and size.. the 2016 is just way bigger feeling inside, we have kids, toys, dogs, and some guests at time and a full day on the water u will realize all the floor space u can get helps immensely, in a 25ft boat u should not have to step or kneel on seats to get around ppl.. I was able to get over the powered g3 15yr old look ,but the floor space just put me to a complete hault on upgrade for how we use our boat.. I'm depressed as it will be a while before they revamp again. 

Vandutch 30 with surf tabs added? 

Not a huge loss though, just means you have the perfect boat currently, and you're not upgrading just to upgrade.  I feel it's smaller too, and I prefer my 17 to it.  As of right now I see no reason to get out of my boat for 5-7 years.  Why upgrade when you enjoy how your current boat performs.  I'm just going to do little upgrades here and there to mine.  This winter is new amps and LEDs, may be but in black gator step if I have time.

• Like 2