Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 lsv vs 24mx

The Hulk

5 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Does the new 25 LSV have more freeboard than the new 23 LSV?

And do the LSV and MXZ models both have same amount of freeboard?

The 2019 25 has more freeboard than the 2019 23lsv, and the 24mxz. In my opinion. I do not know if anything was changed for the 23 or 24 for 2020. I would say the 2020 23 mxz felt as though it had more freeboard than the 2019 24 mxz we demo'd. Very unscientific, but that is how it felt in those models to me.

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

first i know the perspective angles the shots were taken from are "different"  but i tried to scale things close as possible given the different perspectives.

Bow: appears the seat backs are angled inward slightly more. maybe since they now open for access (nice feature) 

put a few yellow rectangles for size comparison... don't think my eyes were playing tricks new 25 seems surely seems more narrow with wider seats. Not sure how much of that is the actual wall spacing vs seat overhang or both. would be interesting to measure. 

bow cup holders: clearly protrude into seating area now. not a deal breaker as we hardly use it but something i'm not keen about. 

25 cabin compare.JPG

25s comparrison.JPG

Interesting comparison. Certainly makes it appear the new one is smaller. Should we just measure them? I can go get in my 2019, you can measure your 2016. Then you get real answers.....

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
8 minutes ago, asnowman said:

Interesting comparison. Certainly makes it appear the new one is smaller. Should we just measure them? I can go get in my 2019, you can measure your 2016. Then you get real answers.....

Let’s make this happen lol. I’m not convinced those pictures are scaled equally. The board racks on the late model 25 are way bigger. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Let’s make this happen lol. I’m not convinced those pictures are scaled equally. The board racks on the late model 25 are way bigger. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Darn Dropped mine off at dealer 3hrs away someone else have a 16 on hand?

My guess is 4-5" narrower resulting in maybe 2.5-3sqft less floor space 

Bow im guessing 1sqft less space 

Rear Cabin with squared seats in rear i think the new one gains back a sqft here but questionable comfort, I'll have to consider that next time I'm spectating in the corner.. seems someone is always in a corner or two, anyone have experience on this if better or worse for confront new Squared vs old rounded?

Edited by The Hulk
ahopkins22LSV

@Stevo has a 17... maybe he can measure his to settle this. 

I’d honestly be shocked if it was 4-5” narrower. That’s a gigantic difference in boats. We all remember what it was like to go from a 95 to 98 to 102” beam. It’s like going from a turbo prop plane to a 747. 

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Darn Dropped mine off at dealer 3hrs away someone else have a 16 on hand?

My guess is 4-5" narrower resulting in maybe 2.5-3sqft less floor space 

Bow im guessing 1sqft less space 

Rear Cabin with squared seats in rear i think the new one gains back a sqft here but questionable comfort, I'll have to consider that next time I'm spectating in the corner.. seems someone is always in a corner or two, anyone have experience on this if better or worse for confront new Squared vs old rounded?

2016- seat to seat and wakeview. 

2CC0E8EB-2E2B-4634-984F-3B4B32013551.jpeg

B44CFC96-AB6C-4DAF-9C5A-222110343182.jpeg

• Like 3

I just measured my 2019....Wow. 

My back bench is 36 inches across.  I don't have the wakeview bench seating, so no annoying gap for your butt.   That means spanning the middle of the boat, it is also 36 inches from the edge of the seat base to edge of the seat base.  When I have time, I will post the pics.  This means that the @The Hulkimpressions are spot on.  I will show pics once I have a minute.  

I then measured from seat back to seat back in the center of the boat just behind the tower. It is 80 inches across. The foam is fairly thick and from the outside edge of the gator step on the gunwhale it is 92 inches across or so.  

Edit:  Pic 1 is across the middle of the boat, just behind the tower. 36 inches.  

Pic 2 is between the rear corner cushion and the rear center cushion.  36 inches  Notice that without the wakeview bench seat, there is virtually no gap.  BTW, it is hinged to be able to get at the Vdrive.  

Pic 3 is about 93 inches across from the outside of the gunwhale, just behind the tower.  

20191112_075403.jpg

20191112_075343.jpg

20191112_075537.jpg

Edited by TallRedRider
ahopkins22LSV

He is good at it, but I was just saying it would be surprising to me if they shrunk it that much but I’m wrong. Im guessing the seats are wider or it has to do with the new hull construction. 2 piece tub style contradiction on the new boats. Now that the M240 and VTX are out, all have gone to that design for Malibu. 

sorry folks....this is a TON of lost floor space and feels every bit of it,

Malibu are you reading this! time for that 10' wide 27lsv! slap another $20-30k on the price of that 25 and lets roll! 

still curious on Bow as well although this might be hard to compare with round vs squared corners. 

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

He is good at it, but I was just saying it would be surprising to me if they shrunk it that much but I’m wrong. Im guessing the seats are wider or it has to do with the new hull construction. 2 piece tub style contradiction on the new boats. Now that the M240 and VTX are out, all have gone to that design for Malibu. 

seats are def wider/deeper, you can feel they come out to the back side of your knees when your back is up against the wall compared to previous years. 

seats are def wider/deeper, you can feel they come out to the back side of your knees when your back is up against the wall compared to previous years. 

Why are we worried about floor space?  Do you have a disco ball you hang from the tower and then breakdance in there?  :biggrin:

Assuming that there is equal space gunwhale to gunwhale, then there is more storage space under the seats.  

For 130K these boats cost, you can spring for a few hundy more to get a custom ballast sac that fits the floor perfectly, if that is the issue.  In all seriousness, was there any other concern about it?  BTW, I have a triangle bow sac someone can buy from me if they want it.  It never got used this year.  

I will try to get the other measurements tonight if nobody beats me to it.  I posted 1 and 10 above.  2 will be just a couple inches more.  The seat bases barely hang over the edge.  

I posted the pics in my first post above.  Didn't the site used to have post numbers?  Then I could say something like, see post #26 above?  I don't see it. Anyway, there are some pics 9 posts up from here.  

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

in case anyone is snowed in from yesterday! 

Measure difference.JPG

size list.JPG

1 is 36 inches on a 2019

2 is going to be about 38 inches

10 is 80 inches.

And another pic showing that there is virtually no gap if you don't have the wakeview bench seating.  

20190513_071006.thumb.jpg.78e6441a1e2c1e11b9d2037156caf75a.jpg20191112_075403.thumb.jpg.c5472a0ffb00d455f83bea5c260202da.jpg20191112_075343.thumb.jpg.e64e515591f3a1cc38a957090c03aa94.jpg

20191112_075429.jpg

2 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

Why are we worried about floor space?  Do you have a disco ball you hang from the tower and then breakdance in there?  :biggrin:

hey how did you know we throw evening dance parties with the kids?

Night dance party.jpg

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

Looks to me like you get 2” more seat and storage on the the new 25’s. I suppose you could say that’s a bad thing but come on hulkster, we routinely have 6 adults and two toddlers in our vtx and we are only a 98” beam to start with! ;)

• Like 2

Ok, now that we have determined that the 19 is smaller. Let’s surf them back to back and see if size really matters. 😂😎 I have a 19 and am on the Dirty D pretty regular. Although the water is a very chilly 🥶 61 degrees right now so I may need to wait til spring😂😂

46 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Looks to me like you get 2” more seat and storage on the the new 25’s. I suppose you could say that’s a bad thing but come on hulkster, we routinely have 6 adults and two toddlers in our vtx and we are only a 98” beam to start with! ;)

It's not necessary more storage given new top deck design, especially in rear Lockers, given there's some reduction due to side ballast tanks coming up but they are also way smaller. I can easily get down in my Lockers to work, doubt I could fit down in a new lockers, and loss pizza tray, all around less storage, behind helm, a little gained from battery relocation and bow access but not nearly the same amount

1 minute ago, Sparky450 said:

Ok, now that we have determined that the 19 is smaller. Let’s surf them back to back and see if size really matters. 😂😎 I have a 19 and am on the Dirty D pretty regular. Although the water is a very chilly 🥶 61 degrees right now so I may need to wait til spring😂😂

61? So you dont need a wetsuit! Bring out the ice skates up here, early blizzard/winter approaching single digits..