Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 lsv vs 24mx

The Hulk

Hopped in a new boat for a look and was shocked how much smaller the newer 25s are. Much more narrow cabin, perhaps it's from the overhang on seats but cabin is way more narrow between each side. It does appear the walls are  closer and then the seats overhanging the walls even more. Seats are deeper than older model for sure.. Love no more carpet walls and heater locations!  Back seat corners look terribly uncomfortable with the flip downs and large gaps everywhere, and then the aluminum handles sticking up on transom eww. The gap in wake bench/seats and side seats is freaking HUGE .... please "mind the gap" haha. Wouldn't want to bridge that gap when sitting.

Bow def smaller with cup holders protruding out into the seats where they use to be more tucked in the side walls a bit more.. bow definitely not as comfortable as older 16 model. Seat width seems like 1-1.5" in less between side and armrest

Transom way smaller for the ladies laying out not to mention careful not to lay in the aluminum seat back handles sticking up from flrip down backrest steps (terrible).. the fold down seat back steps are tiny in the 25 compared to the full seat back width on the 24mx. are there two options for these are that's it for the 25? The boat was shortened at back sides by angling the transoms to a point, storage greatly reduced in compartments and rear tubs no longer have the deeper recessed part so much less rear storage here also.. transom and rear was reduced a lot with the angle, it looks good but without a walkthrough it was a pointless waste of space to get that new edgy look IMO.. huge loss of function here.. flip down swim step is a must on any boat! Awwwwesome! 

G10.. meh.. should call it g3.10 same decade old bar look.. G10 is a must given a bridge situation for me and why not go power if I have to look at it.. 

Hopped in the 24mx and it seemed way more roomy than the new 25!! Well it is! What what???..  yes Wider cabin area between seats and without built in behind driver felt much more roomy much closer to the older 25s , only seems maybe a few inches shorter on pass side than the 25 but that's more than gained back without counsol behind driver and wider cabin area...and you can throw a real cooler behind driver here when seat flipped up. Accessible without opening a door.  the bow is obviously huge but overall there is def more room than the new 25s..and....yes one of those great walkthroughs in the rear! Bummer no pizza tray storage but nicer engine access...for the dealer or service guy at least 

Ughhhhh I hate blunt noses but now I'm forced to consider a mx as the new 25 seems like a downgrade in size compared to my 16.. what to do.. what to do.. 

They tried way too hard on the 25 re design IMO. Way to much wasted space. its way smaller cabin and bow for sure.  You guys that upgraded had to notice this more cramped less functional space feeling over 1st year models! Kills me at the thought of downgrading in size and going to a lil 24 footer boat that looks like a sporke. But man the 24 feels much better than the new 25s.. I can't believe just said that.. non i didn't yes I did no.. no.. I'm TB Fanboy..

I can't downgrade in size.. ego buzz kill!. why can they just slap 2ft on the old 25 mold and call it good!

maybe a custom nose cone for the 24mx, bring her to a point, call her a 26 and all is good?

Edited by The Hulk

Its interesting you found this all to be the case. When we demo'd both, we felt exactly the opposite in terms of inside space. We werent't comparing the 19 vs 16 25's though, just the 24 vs the 25.  So i can't comment on the rear storage, but the console behind the driver seat is one of our favorite features. It allows dry storage that anyone can get into without moving another person.  As for the hard corners, totally agree they look less comfortable, but we usually have people sitting facing back in those seats, so they actually say its better, but i could certainly understand it being less appealing if just cruising around. 

I’ve owned both the old and the new 25. I think you’re being a little dramatic, Hulk. But hey, it’s the internet. 

Other than the seat lost to second cooler (which we loved), I didn’t find the new 25 any smaller than the old. I suspect it’s an optical illusion because it’s certainly deeper. 

It would be interesting to take a tape measure to each boat to validate what you’re eyes think they’re seeing. 

As for the 24 MXZ, I have always liked that boat. I don’t think it gets nearly the respect it deserves (sales slowed way way down when the new 25 came out last year). The only thing I don’t like about it is driving it... huge blind spot directly in front of driver due to square bow. 

keep holding out for that 27 LSV, Hulkster!!

24A8E491-7070-43DB-85BA-377627BC3AA8.gif

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

I thought I would use that area for a soft cooler, but only have done that once.  It is invaluable to just throw people's shoes in there for me.  

I think it is pretty well impossible to be smaller on the inside, as the outside width is the same, unless the cushions are substantially thicker or the gunwhale is thicker.  I agree that the gap between the rear view seating and the side is a bit extreme.  it is less if you don't get the $3K rear view seating.  

20 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I agree that the gap between the rear view seating and the side is a bit extreme.

I have to say the same, too.  My eye gets drawn to it every time.  I would think something they have to address being the new seat will eventually be rolled out to other models.  

Hulk, I had a 2010 247 before having two ('16 and '17) 23 lsv's and I was shocked at how much smaller that new 25's felt, but it is an illusion. I love the my 2019 25 and I could never go down in size.. not even a 24 mxz.  I agree with many of your concerns, but once you get in one, you'll really appreciate the new features. The cabin floor is much less roomy than my 247... we used to set a mattress on the floor of the 247 and sleep in it. I think the seats are much wider and extend into the cabin floor space. But as I said, I could not go down in size and I would not want a 24, 23 mxz or even a M240. On the 24 mxz, I hate how there are no contoured seats and it's so boxy. My 25 is really comfortable and many of the things like the handles on the wakeview bench do not get in the way.  Go big or stay in your 2016. I think, once you own a 25 lsv, you will love it like we do ours! 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

Hulk, I had a 2010 247 before having two ('16 and '17) 23 lsv's and I was shocked at how much smaller that new 25's felt, but it is an illusion. I love the my 2019 25 and I could never go down in size.. not even a 24 mxz.  I agree with many of your concerns, but once you get in one, you'll really appreciate the new features. The cabin floor is much less roomy than my 247... we used to set a mattress on the floor of the 247 and sleep in it. I think the seats are much wider and extend into the cabin floor space. But as I said, I could not go down in size and I would not want a 24, 23 mxz or even a M240. On the 24 mxz, I hate how there are no contoured seats and it's so boxy. My 25 is really comfortable and many of the things like the handles on the wakeview bench do not get in the way.  Go big or stay in your 2016. I think, once you own a 25 lsv, you will love it like we do ours! 

The floor space was the first thing that wife was complaining about loosing going from my '10 LSV to my '19. I thought she was full of it. But sure enough when I measured it, it was a 3" and change loss to the deeper bases and cushions.

• Thanks 1
On 11/6/2019 at 2:45 PM, IXFE said:

I’ve owned both the old and the new 25. I think you’re being a little dramatic, Hulk. But hey, it’s the internet. 

Other than the seat lost to second cooler (which we loved), I didn’t find the new 25 any smaller than the old. I suspect it’s an optical illusion because it’s certainly deeper. 

It would be interesting to take a tape measure to each boat to validate what you’re eyes think they’re seeing. 

As for the 24 MXZ, I have always liked that boat. I don’t think it gets nearly the respect it deserves (sales slowed way way down when the new 25 came out last year). The only thing I don’t like about it is driving it... huge blind spot directly in front of driver due to square bow. 

keep holding out for that 27 LSV, Hulkster!!

24A8E491-7070-43DB-85BA-377627BC3AA8.gif

That's a lil baby yeti cooler in there! Haha..  I need 2 cases beer, case of juice boxes, hamburgers, hot dogs ketchup, mustard, and more! Big wheel Colman cooler is what I put there..

The deeper part maybe true but I'm confident it's more narrow in cabin went back and forth from 25/24mx and it's gotta be wider in the mx floorspace 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, TallRedRider said:

I thought I would use that area for a soft cooler, but only have done that once.  It is invaluable to just throw people's shoes in there for me.  

I think it is pretty well impossible to be smaller on the inside, as the outside width is the same, unless the cushions are substantially thicker or the gunwhale is thicker.  I agree that the gap between the rear view seating and the side is a bit extreme.  it is less if you don't get the $3K rear view seating.  

Isn't it standard on the 25 now?

Seats on new 25 felt like they hit back of knees so they are surely deeper.. They overhang the walls more than 1st Gen models. The walls themselves also have got to be closer.

I stood there thinking how in Earth could I fit my triangle ballast bag on the floor.. went over to the 24mx and it seemed possible just like my 16 25lsv.. I'm guessing min 4-5" more narrow floorspace, or 2" min increase on each side of seats depth.. bow also has got to be more narrow...

Anyone with tape measure near both 19 and a 16?

12 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Isn't it standard on the 25 now?

No sir, it’s still an option and it’s called “Wakeview bench seat with integrated table”

2019 : $3,492

2020 : $3,755

B797C276-C0BD-4926-BC30-062CA50EF9BB.jpeg

Edited by IXFE

I am looking at these two boats, 2019 25 LSV and 24 MXZ, only ridden behind the 25 LSV, how do the wakes and waves compare?   I always thought I would miss not having the extra bow space of the 24 but I feel like the cabin space is so much more functional with the multi point wake view bench.   Agree with the others, the older bench hinge needs to be ditched for the new style in the 25 across all the models!

I demo'ed the 24MXZ stock with 550 pNp in rear lockers and 25LSV with 900's in rear lockers within a few days of one another.  No contest, the 25LSV wave was superior by a long shot from a length, height and push perspective.  Looks wise I like the 24 MXZ better but I care first and foremost about the wave.  The MXZ wave had decent push for its size, and for sure it has potential, but if I can sell my a24 I am getting the 25LSV.  

Good luck and have fun!  

ahopkins22LSV

I sat in both today and while I didn’t have my tape with me, I really couldn’t tell any difference. The only thing I can think of is the cooler/trash area of the 25 perceives the door space to be narrower because that is closed off and taller then a typical seat. Would be interesting to measure though. 25 LSV is still my favorite by a long shot and we had three kids in the bow with no space issues for them. 

15 hours ago, Water Boy said:

I am looking at these two boats, 2019 25 LSV and 24 MXZ, only ridden behind the 25 LSV, how do the wakes and waves compare?   I always thought I would miss not having the extra bow space of the 24 but I feel like the cabin space is so much more functional with the multi point wake view bench.   Agree with the others, the older bench hinge needs to be ditched for the new style in the 25 across all the models!

Both boat are almost identical wake boarding wake , in my opinion wake surfing is little better on 24mxz.  I think 24 mxz is bigger boat , I understand people without kids don’t like 24mxz but when they will have kids they understand what is going on 24mxz bow space.

I think @The Hulk is looking for any reason not to spend well over $100000 again while someone tells him how little his beloved 25 is now worth , I don’t blame him , keep your wave monster/play pen and when it finally breaks, fix it.  All the kinks already worked out ,boat probably never will break

3 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

I think @The Hulk is looking for any reason not to spend well over $100000 again while someone tells him how little his beloved 25 is now worth , I don’t blame him , keep your wave monster/play pen and when it finally breaks, fix it.  All the kinks already worked out ,boat probably never will break

Ha that's what the wife said, not to mention she says she hasn't seen any boat colors that look as good..

I want to upgrade for sure, or get a 300hp tritoon for the same depreciation hit haha.. Guessing 90-95k FSBO, if I'm real lucky and 150-160k out the door new.. 

Problem is the new 25 feels and /is smaller I need to prove this to my eyes with a tape measure 😂. Love some features don't like others .. it's not a 100% all good changes for my uses so I'm on on fence.. 

Edited by The Hulk
20 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Ha that's what the wife said, not to mention she says she hasn't seen any boat colors that look as good..

I want to upgrade for sure, or get a 300hp tritoon for the same depreciation hit haha.. Guessing 90-95k FSBO, if I'm real lucky and 150-160k out the door new.. 

Problem is the new 25 feels and /is smaller I need to prove this to my eyes with a tape measure 😂. Love some features don't like others .. it's not a 100% all good changes for my uses so I'm on on fence.. 

Your not on the fence ,  your always convincing yourself to keep your boat on a regular basis

I was at a local Tommy's open house on Saturday.  I can see why you may feel the way you do about the 25 @The Hulk.  I can totally see it.  However, I think it's an absolutely sick boat and IMHO it doesn't feel small at all.  I like the plushness of the boat a lot and love the cabinet behind the helm seat.  That's a great feature and I know if I had the boat it would get well used.  

6 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I was at a local Tommy's open house on Saturday.  I can see why you may feel the way you do about the 25 @The Hulk.  I can totally see it.  However, I think it's an absolutely sick boat and IMHO it doesn't feel small at all.  I like the plushness of the boat a lot and love the cabinet behind the helm seat.  That's a great feature and I know if I had the boat it would get well used.  

i like it for sure... didnt have power tower though so deal breaker.. Problem is i'll have to custom order and pay extra to get color combo's wife approves of... i still will end up doing a 25 over a 24, can be downgrading ha. i'll have to wait and see if any good color combos come out towards mid summer next year or if there is some game changing feature on 2020'  25s (like a walk-through): i think if there was a walk through like the 24 it would be an instant go. since we use our 25 mostly for cruising and sandbar time the in/out would be great with a walk-through. 

flip down back seat-steps are more cut up on the 25 (smaller) not sure if i like this or not, anyone have comments on their use. typically we keep our throwable there on the seat for ppl stepping in/out from dock/lift etc.. i worry the small part to step on is maybe too small and people may decide to just plan their foot on the seat instead? the 24's design is much larger and i think you would obviously step on it instead of the seat... 

first i know the perspective angles the shots were taken from are "different"  but i tried to scale things close as possible given the different perspectives.

Bow: appears the seat backs are angled inward slightly more. maybe since they now open for access (nice feature) 

put a few yellow rectangles for size comparison... don't think my eyes were playing tricks new 25 seems surely seems more narrow with wider seats. Not sure how much of that is the actual wall spacing vs seat overhang or both. would be interesting to measure. 

bow cup holders: clearly protrude into seating area now. not a deal breaker as we hardly use it but something i'm not keen about. 

25 cabin compare.JPG

25s comparrison.JPG

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1