Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ebony Vinyl on seat cushion - Too Hot?

djheywood

Hi All

Working on some last minute color options for my 23 MXZ.  Am I nuts to consider ebony vinyl on the interior cushion main?  The main seats will be graphite, but I like the look of the ebony on the front section and edge of the seats.  I'm just concerned it will be too hot for those in short swimsuits in the summer.  anyone who actually has firsthand experience with the newer style ebony vinyl?

https://imgur.com/EVVTt9B

Thanks

Brian

ahopkins22LSV

This has been discussed multiple times now. It all depends on you and where you boat. We have it in our and I don't personally feel it is any hotter than the moonbeam or platinum that we had in our TXi. It gets hot, but cools off instantly with any air movement or water. I'd do it again as I love the look and it doesn't absorb stains like I have seen white do.

IMG_5743.JPG

4 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

This has been discussed multiple times now. It all depends on you and where you boat. We have it in our and I don't personally feel it is any hotter than the moonbeam or platinum that we had in our TXi. It gets hot, but cools off instantly with any air movement or water. I'd do it again as I love the look and it doesn't absorb stains like I have seen white do.

IMG_5743.JPG

Do you have any pictures of the full interior of this?

I have ebony accents on my boat and we live in Las Vegas. We boated many times in 110+ temps and I never recall encountering a problem with ebony. I have no regrets and would add more if I could.

3 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I have ebony accents on my boat and we live in Las Vegas. We boated many times in 110+ temps and I never recall encountering a problem with ebony. I have no regrets and would add more if I could.

This!  Can we put to bed the debate regarding dark vinyl getting too hot?

Edited by Chappy
47 minutes ago, Chappy said:

I didn't bring it up. I am just helping out a fellow boater. 

9 hours ago, robbieg247 said:

This is our M240. We did cool touch

05839FA4-07A2-4AD5-A4A9-96B1C0476967.jpeg

you need to get them to do you a custom black cooler!

can't wait to see real photos of your boat! looks freaking awesome!!!!

• Like 1

Wow that’s a dark boat!  I think we are gonna go without the ebony, it’s a really hard decision but the bottom line is the boat will look great either way.  I’m partial to the ebony but I think my wife prefers the accents in light graphite.  

thanks for all the info.

ahopkins22LSV
25 minutes ago, djheywood said:

Wow that’s a dark boat!  I think we are gonna go without the ebony, it’s a really hard decision but the bottom line is the boat will look great either way.  I’m partial to the ebony but I think my wife prefers the accents in light graphite.  

thanks for all the info.

Definitely get what the wife wants! 

3 hours ago, Chappy said:

No.  I will go to my grave believing in thermodynamics, because science. 

My dark graphite is substantially hotter than the light graphite.   This might not apply completely to the OP as he might have the option to get a different material altogether.  

And both of the graphites shows water spots, which is a new experience for me.  Unless it is a different material altogether, our hard water would make the black look terrible after a day of boating.  

4 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

you need to get them to do you a custom black cooler!

can't wait to see real photos of your boat! looks freaking awesome!!!!

Thanks I have gotten Malibu to do black soft grip flooring as well . I’m excited . I did all graphite on my last boat so this is the natural progression ha . I tell people who b**** they can go on a different boat or sit on a towel 

• Like 1
On 11/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, Chappy said:

My local dealer put a heat gun on it and said it is significantly hotter. A few people in AZ that did dark are pulling it out. 

You are saying it does not get hotter than a lighter color? Please explain. 

Ebony on this part of cushion you want  is different vinyl and looks awesome. I have very good  experience with ebony- little more hotter then white  but it is extremely easy to clean and easy to keep boat every day looks new