Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which plug and play for 2020 23 LSV?

2020LSV23

The most common sizes are 475s and 550s (or 580s from Wakemakers). The 23 LSV works great with the 475s between 75%-full, depending on wedge setting. More weight than that in the rears will take some extra weight in the bow to keep the wave clean, or using less wedge. 

I had the 475s in my 2018 23 LSV, 580s in my 2019, and will be getting the 580s again this spring. I found it was worth adding the extra lead and filling the larger PNPs. Or if I don't have any lead in the boat, I just don't fill the rear tanks past 50-75%.

My guess is you're going to want to have some lead in the boat anyway to offset the prop torque twist/lean that I'm expecting to see with the new 17" prop and 2:1 transmission. So stashing some of that along the forward port side storage and observers compartment will mean you'll want the 580s for PNP.

1 hour ago, NWBU said:

The most common sizes are 475s and 550s (or 580s from Wakemakers). The 23 LSV works great with the 475s between 75%-full, depending on wedge setting. More weight than that in the rears will take some extra weight in the bow to keep the wave clean, or using less wedge. 

I had the 475s in my 2018 23 LSV, 580s in my 2019, and will be getting the 580s again this spring. I found it was worth adding the extra lead and filling the larger PNPs. Or if I don't have any lead in the boat, I just don't fill the rear tanks past 50-75%.

My guess is you're going to want to have some lead in the boat anyway to offset the prop torque twist/lean that I'm expecting to see with the new 17" prop and 2:1 transmission. So stashing some of that along the forward port side storage and observers compartment will mean you'll want the 580s for PNP.

Thank you very much for suggestions!

My crew size will be very small almost all the time. 2 - 4 adults max for 90% of surfing. So crew weight 350 - 600 max majority of the time.

Also do you have any suggestions for best lead weight to purchase? Company?

26 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Thank you very much for suggestions!

My crew size will be very small almost all the time. 2 - 4 adults max for 90% of surfing. So crew weight 350 - 600 max majority of the time.

Also do you have any suggestions for best lead weight to purchase? Company?

I’m not even sure what brand I have but I got them from my dealer. Leadwake and Wakeballast come to mind as a couple suppliers.

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

I’m not even sure what brand I have but I got them from my dealer. Leadwake and Wakeballast come to mind as a couple suppliers.

Thanks for tips!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey WDR what model sumos do you have are they the step downs? Can you post a pic I'm interested.  Thanks.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, wdr said:

I have the 570 Sumos no issues. 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:31 PM, NWBU said:

My dealer is not sure which 570 or 580 bags will fit in rear lockers of 2020 23 LSV. He has 550 bags that will fit they say but I would like 570 or 580 bags.

Which brand are your 580s that fit the rear storage lockers on the 2020 23 LSV?

ahopkins22LSV
41 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

My dealer is not sure which 570 or 580 bags will fit in rear lockers of 2020 23 LSV. He has 550 bags that will fit they say but I would like 570 or 580 bags.

Which brand are your 580s that fit the rear storage lockers on the 2020 23 LSV?

https://www.wakemakers.com/malibu-rear-factory-ballast-upgrade.html

Since you are a paid member here, you get a discount with wakemakers too.

If you dealer is including the 550 fly highs, I honestly wouldn't fret about the 60 pounds you are loosing out on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

If you dealer is including the 550 fly highs, I honestly wouldn't fret about the 60 pounds you are loosing out on.

Thanks for the link! 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

What @ahopkinsVTX said. I rarely fill both my 570s to max all the time anyway. You should be able to a 580 under there, but the vent elbow might be pushing on the bottom of the lid. I have about 6" of clearance from the top of the bag for max full with the 570s. Nice to have the gap to keep wet jackets and such w/o popping up the lid.

• Like 2

Just ordered the "Dual Malibu CustomFIT 580lb Bags" from Wakemakers.

I spoke with Alec G from Wakemakers and he assured me quality on these bags are great and they will fit at full capacity, no issues with locker hatch closing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my bags from wakemakers but nowhere on boxes or bags does it state 580. My concern are is if these are 550 and not 580. Tried entering my bag serial numbers in wakemaker system and bags not found. 

5D90A03F-CF4A-4AA1-8935-20C752940FD9.jpeg

6469D947-DA40-4A4C-804F-FBF500451DB2.jpeg

I think you did good with custom bags,  which usually means filling to capacity without the locker impeding that from happening which is what is important 

your over sweating 60 lbs 

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

I think you did good with custom bags,  which usually means filling to capacity without the locker impeding that from happening which is what is important 

your over sweating 60 lbs 

My mistake, they offer 475 and 580. So it would

be a 210 pound difference and about $100 CAD

• 3 months later...