Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter 23 LSV 2016 vs. 2019

MattR

I am looking to purchase a used wakesetter.  Can anyone tell me the major differences between the 2016 LSV and the 2019 LSV? Hull, engine, torque, design, etc?

Thanks. 

Matt

25 minutes ago, MattR said:

I am looking to purchase a used wakesetter.  Can anyone tell me the major differences between the 2016 LSV and the 2019 LSV? Hull, engine, torque, design, etc?

Thanks. 

Matt

Welcome, Matt!  There is a ton of differences IMO.  May want to que up some searches on this site.  This is a topic that has been talked about a bunch.

2016   >     2019
Ford motor  >  PCM or Malibu motors
Orignal screens had flicker issues  >  Latest screens (redesigned again in 2020)
Improved hull  >  New hull in 2018+  (deeper and about 750lbs heavier)
PW2  >  PW3 w/ more 'steps'
no zone controller  >  zone control built in
wireless charging in 2019 (if equip'd)
new vinyl in 2019 (not sure I'm a fan)
new racing-like drivers seat
redesigned top piece of the hull (no more carpeted seat bases, sub area is all fiberglass)
slight redesign to windshield
Malibu logo vs. wakesetter on side
3.x tower base and lock mechanism slight redesign
trans is quiet in reverse on my '19
buzzer for switching surf sides is now through tower audio (no buzzer on the back)
swivel is now an option, not standard

top of my head that's all I can think of ... the motor, hull and PW3 are the big ones.  PCM or Malibu motors are much quieter than the '16.  Even my '18 w/ the Ford was quieter than my '16.

Edited by pauley71
18 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

2016   >     2019
Orignal screens had flicker issues  >  Latest screens (redesigned again in 2020)
redesigned top piece of the hull (no more carpeted seat bases, sub area is all fiberglass)
buzzer for switching surf sides is now through tower audio (no buzzer on the back)

top of my head that's all I can think of ... the motor, hull and PW3 are the big ones.  PCM or Malibu motors are much quieter than the '16.  Even my '18 w/ the Ford was quieter than my '16.

Very Good list.  

May add

2016 < 2019

Stereo System Change

Rockford Fosgate < Wet Sounds    WS much improved factory sound system and integration to Malibu Controls.  (Change 2017 I believe)  

On 11/4/2019 at 11:06 AM, pauley71 said:

2016   >     2019

Very helpful.  Thank you.  I have found a used 2019 with low hours.  Curious what you think private party value would be?

CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf
CS Boat Cover w/TAPS 2 and Swimboard Cover

Monsoon 410 60L CAT

Standard 15 x 1425 - 2249

Exhaust - Surf Pipe

Heater, 3-Outlet

Sound System - 23 LSV Pack
Subwoofer - ONE 12 inch

Subwoofer (w/amp) Transom Remote

Black-Malibu G35 Tower
Port Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo Black-Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 (1 set) Starboard Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo Tower Amp - 500w

Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System Ballast HI FLO - Midship Malibu Launch System Ballast HI FLO - PNP Plumbing
Ballast HI FLO - Rear Malibu Launch System Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband
Wedge - Power Wedge III

Composite
Seat Slide only
Sterling-Soft-Grip Flooring Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way
Joystick
Wideview Backup Camera
Zero Off GPS

Battery Set Up - Option 2 Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair

23 minutes ago, MattR said:

Very helpful.  Thank you.  I have found a used 2019 with low hours.  Curious what you think private party value would be?

CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf
CS Boat Cover w/TAPS 2 and Swimboard Cover

Monsoon 410 60L CAT

Standard 15 x 1425 - 2249

Exhaust - Surf Pipe

Heater, 3-Outlet

Sound System - 23 LSV Pack
Subwoofer - ONE 12 inch

Subwoofer (w/amp) Transom Remote

Black-Malibu G35 Tower
Port Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo Black-Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 (1 set) Starboard Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo Tower Amp - 500w

Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System Ballast HI FLO - Midship Malibu Launch System Ballast HI FLO - PNP Plumbing
Ballast HI FLO - Rear Malibu Launch System Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband
Wedge - Power Wedge III

Composite
Seat Slide only
Sterling-Soft-Grip Flooring Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way
Joystick
Wideview Backup Camera
Zero Off GPS

Battery Set Up - Option 2 Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair

I'm guessing you're looking at the one in AZ so something in the mid-$90s this time of year since it's a fairly basic setup. There's a guy around here that sells a similarly equipped 23 LSV every year at the end of August and gets his $95K or so within a few days of posting it.

Its say $97 is a fair price.  I have the cheapest 23LSV (list price) but that one has tower speakers and transom remote.  I hate that people order the seat slide but not rotating base.  Actually I hate that malibu makes you pay for that.