Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Step by step guide on How to Winterize a 320 Monsoon

CumberlandSunsetter

On 2/2/2020 at 11:26 AM, oldjeep said:

Just keep twisting on it until it crushes so much that it won't grip.  Drilling a hole is a mixed bag, most of the time you just rip the filter apart with the screwdriver. Last ditch move is a cold chisel on the seam to try to spin it that way. On my last ditch effort yesterday took a crowbar to outside edge of ring near the threads and hit with a hammer... Got her off finally... Now I can sleep easy lol

On 2/2/2020 at 10:36 AM, DOJOLOACH2 said:

I'll give it one more shot, just don't want it shearing off ... I'd be pretty screwed if that happens

My first boat the filter was on so tight from the previous owner - I went through multiple wrenches, tools, cutting, screwdrover, etc. and couldn’t get it off.  Literally spent hours trying.  I finally towed up to Jiffy Lube - they worked on it for about 15 minutes and finally got it off.  They wouldn’t accept payment but I bought the shop pizza for lunch.   

9 hours ago, hethj7 said:

My first boat the filter was on so tight from the previous owner - I went through multiple wrenches, tools, cutting, screwdrover, etc. and couldn’t get it off.  Literally spent hours trying.  I finally towed up to Jiffy Lube - they worked on it for about 15 minutes and finally got it off.  They wouldn’t accept payment but I bought the shop pizza for lunch.   

I had the boat stealership scheduled to take it off if it didnt budge one last time. But finally with my friiends pry bar and a hammer, it moved mm  by mm. All I had left was the threaded steel of the filter. Jeez I will never over tighten like the previous owner. Thanks for the tips though guys, I saved 60 bucks or so from the stealership lol...

Now on to the fuel water separater. I really hope it isn't the same story here lol. At least that one I can disassemble the mounting bracket for it.

• 6 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 10:17 PM, Soon2BV said:

hot engine to drain the oil. then i let it cool before draining water, as mentioned above. 

for the heater, if you have one, i blow thru it with lung power, not compressed air. 

@Soon2BV after blowing out heater by mouth, how do you get antifreeze in the heater core?

Anyone have tips on how to replace the air filter? Mine has a K&N looking filter on it that for the life of me I can't figure out how to access. Shouldn't need need to remove the rear seat sub-frame or the intake manifold but I just don't see any other way?

41 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Turkey baster.

Interesting. Get the hose high enough to get it flow through? Do you need lung power to push it? (sorry, dumb questions perhaps).

Just finished going through the mod write up on using shower to winterize bother heater and shower quick...I might do that.

3 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

Anyone have tips on how to replace the air filter? Mine has a K&N looking filter on it that for the life of me I can't figure out how to access. Shouldn't need need to remove the rear seat sub-frame or the intake manifold but I just don't see any other way?

Take the 8 bolts out of the the top engine cover and disconnect the electric plug and it lifts off 

10 hours ago, Fffrank said:

There should be a large hose clamp that attaches the filter to the intake plenum.  Loosen it and remove the filter.  You shouldn't have to remove the plenum.

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

There should be a large hose clamp that attaches the filter to the intake plenum.  Loosen it and remove the filter.  You shouldn't have to remove the plenum.

I'll have to take another look at next time I get the boat out.  When I've looked at it previously I couldn't figure out how to get any tools in there to get access to the hose clamp.

9 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

I'll have to take another look at next time I get the boat out.  When I've looked at it previously I couldn't figure out how to get any tools in there to get access to the hose clamp.

I'm not entirely familiar with accessibility in your specific boat, but on my RLXi, it's easily accessible.  Yous may be different with respect to the location of the intake being forward vs. aft.