Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which ATF fluid - M5di

If only there were some sort of book that came with the boat that discussed things like that ;)

This is the page out of the 2018 manual, your manual would have a similar page.  It appears that they mostly use standard Dextron or motor oil and the indmar v v drive uses a synthetic 50wt oil.  Indmar ATF 872006 is basically dextron 3

manual.jpg

Edited by oldjeep

Thanks for the non-help.

They don’t mention it in the manual. They provide the intervals and how To check it but there isn’t an appendix like Indmar provided in the past. I have reviewed the hard copy and the online version which should be the latest. 

6 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Thanks for the non-help.

They don’t mention it in the manual. They provide the intervals and how To check it but there isn’t an appendix like Indmar provided in the past. I have reviewed the hard copy and the online version which should be the latest. 

https://s3.amazonaws.com/malibu-production-us-east-1/docs/owner-manuals/2019 Malibu Owners Manual.pdf

Page 188/189

V drive is Mobil SHC 630 Gear and Bearing Oil

Transmission does just say "ATF" - what does the fluid they sold you say?  Or if you had them change it then what does the invoice say? 

Correct .. nothing specific in the manuals which led to my question.  Guess I'll reach out to the dealer.  

Also .... I didn't buy it, he just gave it to me. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2019 at 11:09 AM, COOP said:

Dex 3

Hey @COOP!  Hope all is well.  I was reading that Dex VI is backward compatible and that it can be used anywhere that dex 3 is called for.  Any truth to that?  Ordering fluids off of Amazon this time around and finding dex 3 is proving a little more challenging.

I ordered 4 quarts off Amazon in early 2018 cause its getting so rare...Getting hard to find the "true" DEX III, not something just compatible.

My ZR409 has 1.5-2 quarts and what I do is remove as much as I can each winter (usually about 1 quart) and then put in the exact same amount. I use a hand held extractor for trans since for me its easier to measure that way. Here is link to the stuff I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/Chevron-39770-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid/dp/B0097SBAR8/ref=asc_df_B0097SBAR8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198091122898&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3833182369950013059&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009906&hvtargid=pla-385842631421&psc=1