Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best New Prop for T23

wboardx20

What's up guys, currently have the ACME 2313 prop on my 2015 t23. Had a great summer with it and seemed to do a hell of a job when I slammed the boat with 15 people or the ballast full. I want to get a spare prop in general but was wondering what the best option would be for me in case I wanted to swap the one I have now. Is there one that helps the overall performance of the surf wave besides just the torque? Was looking at the ACME 2315 or 2247. 

I think a lot of it depends on what you do the most. Surf/wakeboard, cruise a big lake, etc. I can't speak to how a different prop will change the surf wave performance but going from a 2313, the farthest I think I'd consider going is a 2249. 2247 is basically a 2249 but has more cup which is similar to increasing pitch, so 2247 might be too far the other way and MIGHT not be enough for those big loads you are pushing.

2249 could be a better all around prop for you...it would handle big loads slightly better than the 2247 (because it's a tad closer to your 2313 than the 2247 is) but would be much more relaxed doing everything else. There's also the 2773 but I'm not sure how much of a difference you'd notice between that and the 2313 (1" pitch difference but cupping difference balances them out a bit). With the 2249, you'd notice a significant difference, IMO. Lower RPM's at surf and wakeboard speeds, better fuel economy at cruising speed, a more relaxed engine overall. It just won't be able to do the max loads as well as your 2313. But our A22 came with an 2249 and it was a beast at sea level with full ballast and big crew. With your bigger boat and big loads, 2249 be a better overall fit for the T23 than it is for the A22. I believe the guys at Northwest Inboards ordered their T23's with 2249's, if I'm not mistaken. Good luck.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:59 PM, formerathlete said:

Here's a custom fit tool from ACME's website that might help you...https://acmemarine.com/pages/custom-fit

Thanks! Love how ACME has this. I'm going to be adding a 575 wakemakers bag midship for next season, should push my ballast total lbs. to around the 3500 range. ACME is suggesting the 2773 prop it looks like. 

Edited by wboardx20
  • Like 1

I run the 2249 on my a20. IMO its the best all around prop for 2015 plus axis boats. Plenty of hole shot. Dont lose a ton of top end. Good RPMS when surfing. The trick is to run the right amount of bow weight. People seem to think the prop is always the answer to moving move weight. All of this is assuming your running near sea level. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, onewake09 said:

People seem to think the prop is always the answer to moving move weight.

This is so true...prop doesn't really make a difference when you are pointed to the moon. Get that bow down with weight and it can make every prop perform better.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys I currently have a 2016 Axis A22 with the 350. I am currently running the Acme 2247. I am having a hard time getting the boat to plane with 4 people on the boat,  ballast bags about half full, and the wedge down. I have two 750 bags in the rear and 500 in the bow. Has anyone else had this problem? I am being told that upgrading to a Acme 2315 will improve performance and help the boat the plane much easier. Wondering if anyone has any feedback on this. Thanks.

I ran the 2773 on my 22mxz and had no issues getting on plane unless the boat was totally full of people and ballast.  It should be similar to the A22.

Edited by Peebalz