Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfpipe

baltfan

19 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Thanks.  I am definitely considering just doing FAE given the pricing I am being quoted. 

Yeah I got quoted $1500 and I'm thinking FAE also

14 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

Is this a sarcastic statement or you agree lol!!

I do have FAE on my boat. Great for cabin noise and being to here stereo or talk to people in boat better while surfing. I have not noticed any other differences. I surfed 2 years without it and 2 years with it. I have not died with out (and 2 years behind my previous boat without cats). I have not noticed any smell difference, nor any dizziness without. I don't like marketing of buy it or you die. 

I love when someone states "Go suck on your tail pipe". That is a bit extreme and no comparison. BTW, suicide rates from CO have gone down as well due to CATS lol... So if you lock your self in garage with car running and majority attempts fail now due to CATs, what are your chances out in the open air behind a moving boat?

Agree 

10 hours ago, Scott1969 said:

I had my NC dealer install the factory pipe on my 2017 VLX. He charged me around $1,400. I believe there was a lot of work involved removing the internal muffler. Based on the noise lever after the install I would have paid $2K.

That’s the way to do it, he did it right with muffler delete snd if you do your own work you really made an improvement there 

Edited by granddaddy55
17 hours ago, baltfan said:

Worried about FAE screwing up the wake.  Don’t just surf.  Want to make sure have the best solution.  

It has not screwed up the wake or wave for surfing, wakeboarding, barefooting, . The only 2 issues I have is that the rear of the boat tends to wander back and forth now and at slalom and barefoot speeds (yea I still do that and behind the 23) there is spray. I really do like it for cabin noise reduction. Huge plus for that!!! 

3 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

It has not screwed up the wake or wave for surfing, wakeboarding, barefooting, . The only 2 issues I have is that the rear of the boat tends to wander back and forth now and at slalom and barefoot speeds (yea I still do that and behind the 23) there is spray. I really do like it for cabin noise reduction. Huge plus for that!!! 

Can you show me what the spray looks like for slalom as I will definitely be doing that?

50 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Can you show me what the spray looks like for slalom as I will definitely be doing that?

I don't have pics. Hopefully getting boat out tomorrow and will try. The spray remains at the transom, does not affect skier.