Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

iliketoski

Is the knock sensor same as auto?

iliketoski

I took the knock sensor out to drain the block and noticed the interior end of it is either broken or corroded off, making it difficult to thread back in.  I thought oh I'll just get a new one, until I saw a DIM price of $65.  Does anyone know if you can pick one up at an autoparts store and its compatible?

'ski

wdr

I had a similar problem with the OP sensor on my '10 350 Monsoon. I went in to AutoZone and after a little searching they pulled an exact replacement off of the shelf. Never a hick up with it hundreds of hours later. A knock sensor would be even easier to find I would imagine.

iliketoski

There is also one listed with it that is $53, it looks identical, I wonder what the difference would be.  If there are ones that look the same but really have different performance specs.

MadMan

I'd with the cheaper one, but if you wanted a "real" GM one, which is likely identical to the others, you could get this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1989-Corvette-Ignition-Knock-Detonation-Sensor-NEW-GM-ORIGINAL-10456288/372776239811?epid=16017012119&hash=item56cb3202c3:g:DdcAAOSwkGpdg64e

justgary
18 hours ago, iliketoski said:

I took the knock sensor out to drain the block and noticed the interior end of it is either broken or corroded off, making it difficult to thread back in.  I thought oh I'll just get a new one, until I saw a DIM price of $65.  Does anyone know if you can pick one up at an autoparts store and its compatible?

'ski

I'd dress the threads with an NPT die or a file before I spent $50 to replace it.