Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 vtx 340 monsoon oil drain tube

My 2007 340 monsoon does not have oil drain tube.  Was this not put on as standard in some years?  I have pumped out of dip stick last couple years I have owned but do not like this method for all the reasons discussed here.  Bad stuff may stay in bottom of pan and possibly getting drain tube stuck.  What are my options.  Is it possible to add and how hard is it?

I pulled my engine last year to replace the oil pan. I ordered both the SAE and the metric banjo fitting and drain hose. I also tried different oil pans from indmar, and from summit and from oreillys. Nothing fit. Apparently their is no standard size drain for an oil pan. 

Cant find one anywhere, so I am guessing not there.  Is it possible to get one on without pulling engine like mentioned above?  When I change oil, i can only suck out 3 qts and another probably comes out with filter and that 4 qts cant be good.

I've installed one of these on a cylinder I/O.  The drain plug was on the side of the pan, so it wasn't very hard.  Yours being on the bottom will be more of a challenge but it seems doable.  One problem is  that last quart of oil is going to go straight into the build when you do the install.

14 hours ago, bscheper said:

Was this not put on as standard in some years? 

FWIW, I own a 2006 Sunscape (no frills, basically their bargain entry-level boat at the time) and it has an oil drain tube. 

The Indmar Operator's Manual for my 2006 describes a (page 6-6:  "Changing Oil") "QuickDrain," and removing the "QuickDrain hose cap" after inserting it through the hull or garboard drain plug.

I guess I'm just shocked that you don't already have one.  Was your engine ever pulled/oil pan previously replaced for some reason?

Pulled my manual and page6-6 says exact same.  I am going to look again.  I bought the boat in 2016 so not 100% sure on history.  Always previously serviced by waterski America outside dallas so not sure why it would have been removed.

The hose can be surprisingly good at hiding among transmission cooler lines, etc.  You will probably find it dressed alongside those hoses and just peeking out above the alternator, close to the transmission cooler.

You should be able to reach from the side (easiest on the non-starter side) and get your fingers under the pan.  You can feel where the hose should be and then trace it back to where it's likely zip-tied or tucked in somewhere.

Thanks, thats what I plan on doing.  Cant miss it that way. My other boats always pulled the full 5 quarts out will suction so had not really worried about it.  Although the did have the screw on dip stick method that comes with a merc.

• 2 months later...