Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater fan on 05 RLXi.

New '05 Rlxi. High heater fan blows breaker. Low fan no prob. Any ideas besides return to dealer?

Does the fan run at all on high? If not, something could be wired wrong. Quite often the heater is a dealer install and they may not have gotten it right.

Also, which switch is it on and what size is the breaker that is being tripped? I can't remember off hand how many amps the blower motor draws (should be listed on the motor is not in the manual) but the breaker should be large enough to handle it. Again, it could be wired to the wrong switch/breaker.

Answers to these question will help us diagnose the problem.

/Steve

Both on my '05 RLX and my buddies '05 RLXi, the heater fan would trip the circuit breaker.... and on both our boats the circuit was wired to the wrong breaker from the factory.

Take a peek and see which breaker popps. I'd bet a fair share it's to one of the MLS breakers(a 5 amp).... A couple of spots away are the 15 amp Heater breakers, which you can easily swap over to.

YMMV

Same problem on my '05 VRide, I think the heater was wired to the MLS front circuit breaker. Changed the wire and has worked great since.

Scot

Same problem on my '05 VRide, I think the heater was wired to the MLS front circuit breaker.  Changed the wire and has worked great since.

Scot

Ditto. Service guru told me it is a common thing to wire it up to the MLS.

Easy fix.

Thanks.

The heater was installed at the factory in CA.

The heater turns on, but only runs for a few seconds before the breaker trips.

Yes, the breaker that throws is the one labled "mls bow", a 5 amp breaker.

Thanks again for that. Should be an easy fix.

Should someone tell the factory?

You'd think someone would QC the boat by turning on all the accessories and seeing if they work properly (if not the factory then the dealer).