Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Insane boat wrap

Cole2001

5 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Kida weird but nice.  If they were trying for vintage CHris Craft, they missed.

Just read the description again. Apparently it matches the yacht. 

Di-Noc is not intended for this application or for exposure to water.  It's an architectural film designed to wrap pillars, drywall, furniture, etc.  This is going to look really bad in a few years.

3 hours ago, Fffrank said:

Di-Noc is not intended for this application or for exposure to water.  It's an architectural film designed to wrap pillars, drywall, furniture, etc.  This is going to look really bad in a few years.

Hmmm. I’m assuming these guys know what they’re doing. They wrap a ton of aluminum fishing boats and even some planes.  I’ll have to ask the owner about it next time I see him. 

It's pretty much the same thing that tribal and brand name stickers are made from, and those have been on boats for a long time.  20 years for my boat alone, and they seem pretty stable.

On 10/18/2019 at 3:16 PM, justgary said:

It's pretty much the same thing that tribal and brand name stickers are made from, and those have been on boats for a long time.  20 years for my boat alone, and they seem pretty stable.

That's not true at all.  They are all 3M products and if you have a spare weekend you can try and figure out the various grades, adhesives and technologies in each of their lines.  It's nearly unlimited.  Some are intended to stick to fiberglass and be impervious to water forever -- some aren't.