Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M240 vs NAUTIQUE G23 Paragon vs ?

Capdoogie

14 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Ri265 is next to investigate why not a 267 though? Seems a bit odd to not go at least a full 1ft longer or did they revamp the 257 mold? Seems odd to have a 257/265 lineup not a huge difference and their buyers are probably the same person.. wondering if because similar issue as pavati and that it can be sunk from what an owner has revealed to me.. hard to do but I recall an owner mention it and sales rep warned him, something about maybe if a bunch of folks are in rear the  back the transom is low or could take on water or something else I forget but was surprised.. so maybe this is a revamp/fix??? Same as Malibus m235/m240 update?

So rumour that I’ve been told is the ri237 and 257 are eventually going to be phased out and replaced by the fi series in 23. Mostly so they don’t have two models in the same length category. 

Also from what I’ve been told the paragon hull was designed to work with about 4K in ballast but Nautique decided to dial it back for obvious reasons. So with that being said you slam a new paragon with a ton of extra weight I would love to see the results. 

8 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

So with that being said you slam a new paragon with a ton of extra weight I would love to see the results. 

If I were spending that kind of money on a boat, I would not want to have to add extra weight.  It is always great getting a bigger and better wave, but it sucks throwing lead in the boat and or filling up extra bags all the time.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

So rumour that I’ve been told is the ri237 and 257 are eventually going to be phased out and replaced by the fi series in 23. Mostly so they don’t have two models in the same length category. 

Also from what I’ve been told the paragon hull was designed to work with about 4K in ballast but Nautique decided to dial it back for obvious reasons. So with that being said you slam a new paragon with a ton of extra weight I would love to see the results. 

just curious, what are the obvious reasons? IMO 2200 lbs is a tad light for that boat. 

13 hours ago, asnowman said:

If we stack 2 on top of each other, you might really have something! Might even have enough freeboard!

You better warn your wife that she's gonna get a little wet when it's choppy LOL.  I can already hear the squeals from my wife on that when the first wave comes over the bow!!!

5 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

just curious, what are the obvious reasons? IMO 2200 lbs is a tad light for that boat. 

The wave is already one of the biggest in the industry and Nautique, the engineering that went into this boat is unlike any other. You throw an extra 3k in it, you will open up some massive waves that don’t end well on smaller lakes with restrictions that are most likely coming. And for wake and wave wise bigger isn’t always better, you will get wakeboarders practically killing themselves and for the pro surfers steeper is not normally better. 

Traditionally in an older G when you’re fully loaded up with people and added lead the wave gets worse. So maybe they were playing on the safe side. 

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

The wave is already one of the biggest in the industry and Nautique, the engineering that went into this boat is unlike any other. You throw an extra 3k in it, you will open up some massive waves that don’t end well on smaller lakes with restrictions that are most likely coming. And for wake and wave wise bigger isn’t always better, you will get wakeboarders practically killing themselves and for the pro surfers steeper is not normally better. 

Traditionally in an older G when you’re fully loaded up with people and added lead the wave gets worse. So maybe they were playing on the safe side. 

It's not THAT big.

IMG-3662.jpg

The geometric indents in the side of the G are not just a design element, it provides rigidity.  These crazy freeboards need something to keep them from flexing.  Works like the creases in your HVAC duct work.

• Like 3

wave looks a lot like every other Nautique I’ve surfed... very steep wall, no hook, almost zero transition. 

Ironically this was the consensus of the older Nautique wakeboard wakes... the word “curb” was often used to describe them. 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, IXFE said:

wave looks a lot like every other Nautique I’ve surfed... very steep wall, no hook, almost zero transition. 

Ironically this was the consensus of the older Nautique wakeboard wakes... the word “curb” was often used to describe them. 

I always felt like the G wave was definitely less forgiving.  I got used to it but always wanted to find a way to mellow it out for new people (or new to the G).  The 2021 G23 and the paragon are supposedly more customizable through the screen.  I would be interested to try this in real life.  

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I own a 2010 Malibu LSV. We wakeboard and surf. I love my boat. Hard to beat. Then I rode in a 2017 G23. I loved the push. Then I rode in a 2020 G23 Paragon, and I was hooked and sold on Nautique. Then I found out the 2021 G23 is now using the Paragon hull, so now I’m thinking of switching from Malibu to Nautique after 13 years and 3 Malibu’s. 

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, Cucol2009 said:

I own a 2010 Malibu LSV. We wakeboard and surf. I love my boat. Hard to beat. Then I rode in a 2017 G23. I loved the push. Then I rode in a 2020 G23 Paragon, and I was hooked and sold on Nautique. Then I found out the 2021 G23 is now using the Paragon hull, so now I’m thinking of switching from Malibu to Nautique after 13 years and 3 Malibu’s. 

Did you try to M220 or 240 to compare?

• Like 2

I did not check out the M220 or M240. My local dealer doesn’t bring them in unless they are ordered. I did check out the 2020 24 MXZ. Wasn’t impressed. The M series doesn’t do much for me either. I will say, when I did get into a Nautique, I feel like every little tiny thing I wish I had, they did. Sucks, I love my Malibu, but I’m ready for a huge upgrade. 

• 10 months later...

FYI this is a duplicate post from me but thought it would be helpful for anyone searching the topic.  Mods can delete one or the other if they want:

I currently own a 2018 M235 with additional back ballast.  Everyone that surfs it calls it “the beast” as the wave is like pipeline.  I think the M240 is very similar in form and function (I looked at one a year ago but didn’t surf it) That said, now that Ive got 200 hours on my M235 I’m thinking about upgrading to a 2022.  My wife really wants stern thrusters for docking as our dock is in a very tough cove on the lake with crazy currents. 

Anyway, I demoed a 2021 Paragon yesterday.  Guys promised to send me video of the surf wave but don’t have them yet.  I will say the natique with the Z8 Engine is a monster.  It needs Octane 91 which Is not available on the lake but the guy said the warranty the engine with 87 and 3$ a fill up octane booster.  The stock ballast is big (I assume similar to the M240) and fills/empties much faster than my M235.  With the stock ballast the boat has massive storage capacity to actually store boards inside the boat and pretty much every thing you’d ever need to surf with a big crew.  For me not a huge advantage as I live on the lake, have my own dock and a large dock locker.  The  fit and finish IMO is pretty similar to the Malibu . The stern thrusters are  great not only for docking but also for picking people up in the water.  The stereo in the Natique with the “surf Sub” and JL system  is FAR better than the maxed out sterior in My M.  I’m sure the newer M240 is better.  The electric telescoping tower is very cool.  THe Bimini top is bigger and more stable, feels more premium. 

Now the the wave.  The size and shape of the wave is AMAZING.  The wave setting from 0-10 is pre-programmed.  The speed is a little faster at stock 11.2 versus 10.6 on the Malibu but obviously you can change all of this.  While the wave is not as tall as the Malibu it is much longer and has more push from the back making the sweet spot much more surf-able.  I tried all the setting and settled around 3-4for a great wave for push and ability to do tricks.  it’s more low wave push its easier to do tricks or cross over to the other side.  I plan on demoing a M240 ASAP as I’d like to get my order in soon so I need to decide.

Anyway, hope this helps?  

• 2 weeks later...

The new 25LSV is an absolute beast. 

The biggest wakeboard wake I have ever been behind. 

The wave is gigantic. 

The best all rough boat I have ever been behind. And I have been behind many of them.