Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M240 vs NAUTIQUE G23 Paragon vs ?

Capdoogie

My dealer sells both Malibu and nautique so I had him price a paragon to compare to my m240 order . We were at a msrp of just over 300 k with surf sub a 8000 dollar option . He said a good deal on this boat would be high 230 to low 240 . I just don’t see the 60-70 thousand extra from the step son g23 . 

17 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

My dealer sells both Malibu and nautique so I had him price a paragon to compare to my m240 order . We were at a msrp of just over 300 k with surf sub a 8000 dollar option . He said a good deal on this boat would be high 230 to low 240 . I just don’t see the 60-70 thousand extra from the step son g23 . 

So honest question, what drives the premium on the M240 over a 25 or 24MXZ vs. the Paragon to a G23?    The G23, best I can tell, is already about a $30K or more premium to a 25LSV (both pretty well loaded).     I guess you could argue the G23 is already the premium line for Nautique, so what incrementally is better in the Paragon, whereas the M series is the premium line for Malibu, so more delta to initially get into that (similar to jumping from SAN230 to the G23?).  

4 hours ago, The Hulk said:

crazy but I heard paragons have quite a few orders/builds already

I’m in a relatively small market but am hearing the same thing here that the Paragons are selling well. Active’s early M240 builds are moving along nicely too, and their first one is already being prepped for customer delivery.

D1FAA0E0-5723-42DE-9A45-832C004B97C4.thumb.jpeg.7f72f08dff0bbe4bd78ffeedf6f72ff6.jpeg

Edited by NWBU
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, NWBU said:

I’m in a relatively small market but am hearing the same thing here that the Paragons are selling well. Active’s early M240 builds are moving along nicely too, and their first one is already being prepped for customer delivery.

D1FAA0E0-5723-42DE-9A45-832C004B97C4.thumb.jpeg.7f72f08dff0bbe4bd78ffeedf6f72ff6.jpeg

Anymore pics those look like my colors😍

20 hours ago, Murphy8166 said:

The Paragon looks like a lady that has had one to many facial corrective plastic surgeries...To many nips, too many tucks and all for what...just so they can charge a premium and act like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I see you have a 2019 with GSA... wonder what these bigger boats would be like with GSA. Is it really that much different on your LSV? 

Paragon option sheet attached. I had spec’d and priced one out. Loaded up, (without coastal package), and with some gel options and trailer, the MSRP was $316k. Also threw together something similar on a M240, just for fun. It was $286k MSRP.

@LucasC- you mention that you don’t care about the MSRP, but that is the best baseline to work off of, as the margins between the 2 manufacturers are almost identical. At least in the US. I wouldn’t have the info to confirm that on international sales.

So, in a hypothetical situation where someone was shopping loaded examples of each boat, and the dealers were looking to make the same percentage margin, so they both offered a hypothetical 20% discount, the Paragon would be $252,800, and the M240 would be $228,800.

either way, it is safe to say that the Paragon is the more expensive boat, and both are $40k+ more expensive than anything else in their size class.

DEB8B18D-402C-4A99-B056-371012882378.png

Thanks, so were roughly looking at 24k Between the two boats .   I am looking at changing my boat but the US is stuck in a trade war with Europe and were been hit with a 25% Tax so just waiting to see whats happening with brexit . My Guess is I will end up in a 2021

1 hour ago, eubanks said:

$316K?!  Give me a yacht instead.

That is close to $450K CAD with the new luxury tax and current fx rate.  Maybe if it was self-driving...  :)

My bad - I forgot to add up to 15% GST onto that price.  Let's make it a cool half a mil, shall we?  WTH?

Edited by Eagleboy99
Spelling
3 hours ago, eubanks said:

$316K?!  Give me a yacht instead.

What yacht?  Their prices seem to be escalating as fast or faster than wake boats when I am at the boat shows.  I am amazed at the number of just bow riders with a toilet that sticker well north of $200K.  

• Like 2