Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

most fun watersports

zags

The most fun watersports in my ranked order...let me know yours....

1) Wakeboarding - still number #1

2) Barefooting - totally fun and exhilarating

3) Ski Pyramids - haha - just started our own club this year and it's an absolute blast...the kids and adults love it!

4) Slalom skiing - like the speed and challenge.

4) Wakeskating - haven't done it much but it's fun.

5) Wakesurfing - fun, and this seems to be the favorite with most of my crew

9999999) tubing - not fun.

• Like 2

My list would be in a different order, but all of them with the exception of 9999999 are good in my book. 

I really would like to try a foil sometime.  It looks like a blast, but a little difficult to get used to as I understand.  The better half had a chance to ride one a few weeks ago and she struggled a bit.  She surfs very well and I was a bit surprised when I saw her struggle with that.

Say what you will, but tubing fun for our crew.  I don't get on the tube anymore, but I enjoy taking the kids and beating them up on the towables.  It gives the little kids the confidence of being behind the boat and comfort with not being in control.  For the teenagers and older kids, its all about how big a wave you can take and hold on.  It may not be a "water sport", but it is a favorite of our boating group.  My kids are 12,9,5 and are just starting to water ski.

I also just picked up a used Air Chair hydrofoil.  Looking forward to giving that a go next summer.

ah - yeah - I tried the hydrofoil surf once and I was able to ride it (barely).  it was fun because it was a challenge but I don't think I would rush to purchase one.   I guess that tubing to me as a driver has burned me out but I do enjoy taking little kids out for a cruise and the teenagers do really love it so it probably should get a lower ranking than 9999999 :)

I am happy driving the boat all day pulling tubes.  And I do so on many days during the summer for youth group events and such.  

I think the most satisfying is when a kid says he wants to watch but is scared to go on the tube.  Then I talk him into going on a slow ride. Then within 5 minutes they are yelling at me to go faster and they can't get enough.  When they get off the boat they are all smiles and begging to come back again.  

When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was go boating/tubing/skiing all day long, but my family didn't have a boat.  Maybe this is my way of reliving my childhood.

1 hour ago, hunter77ah said:

Anyone else tried to surf a SUP?  Really goofy, but really fun to play around with.  

Haven't tried a SUP but we did play around with the ZUP this year.  It's like surfing a piece of plywood but a fun afternoon.  

IMG_7948.PNG

IMG_7947.jpg

#1 Foiling, The kind you strap to your butt, not stand on. Can't get no air from them stand on foils.

#2 Floating in Party cove drinking. Only # 2 because if I reverse #1 And # 2,  #1 Don't usually work so well.

Distant #3 Surfing, can't get no air on them either. image.thumb.png.2fde080815a76d232e81b238d6e9799d.pngimage.thumb.png.93b060a8187b587a1f452136dcca2f03.png

• Like 2

Slalom for the speed and the unmatched feeling you get when you rail a perfect turn and hook up in perfect harmony on glassy water.  It's like when you're at the golf course and hit that rare, absolutely perfect shot.  The club moves through smoothly, your body turns in perfect harmony.  It's that feeling, only on water.

Barefooting because it's still the coolest watersport, though I haven't done it in years.

Discing because you can get so creative with it and it's fun for all ages.  Way better for teaching kids than a tube.

Wakesurfing because it's the ultimate lazy fat guy's watersport, and being lazy/relaxing is half of what being at the lake is about.

Wakeboarding because it's fun, but it's low on the list because I value my ligaments and I don't know any old hardcore wakeboarders that don't walk like retired offensive linemen from the 1980s.

Can't comment on foiling but looks crazy fun.

Tubing only between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm on weekends.  Outside of these hours, you're kindof a putz unless you have the lake to yourself

• Like 2

Wakeboard is #1 for me and my crew.  Although it can be punishing at times, learning how to fall well has been the best trick I’ve ever learned.  

Wakesurf is #2, but mostly reserved for if the water is choppy or we have newbies on the boat

Tubing #3 for the nieces.  They’re 5 and 8.  We also put them stomach down the wakesurfer back about 50’, which they like too.

Slalom and barefoot skiing for me. It gets harder every year to find suitable water for those activities due to the popularity of surfing and tubing. Most weekends on our lake it would appear that tubing is an Olympic sport. :)

• Like 3

What's interesting about the comments on this thread is how high slaloming and wakeboarding are, but that doesn't align with this forum in general or current Malibu boats.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, MadMan said:

What's interesting about the comments on this thread is how high slaloming and wakeboarding are, but that doesn't align with this forum in general or current Malibu boats.

I think this is why Malibu redesigned the new VTX with the skiing focus.  Really anxious to hear from someone who's skied it.

44 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I think this is why Malibu redesigned the new VTX with the skiing focus.  Really anxious to hear from someone who's skied it.

I think surfing is just the easy button and so for us it still is overwhelmingly the thing done most on our boat (well, and the ZUP for the kids).  But I am a bit bored of surfing (doing and watching).  It is still a great time on the boat but no doubt other activities are more fun.  And while I really may try to focus on progressing again on the wakeboard next season, it is harder and I do worry about injuries.  So, surfing remains the go to for most.  

2 hours ago, Murphys said:

Slalom and barefoot skiing for me. It gets harder every year to find suitable water for those activities due to the popularity of surfing and tubing. Most weekends on our lake it would appear that tubing is an Olympic sport. :)

I would Like this but I am not liking anything tubing.;)  And yet I will likely be pulling one down the road. But I am going to do my best to get my grandson on skis or ski.  And I just don't see much with surfing. If I want to relax I will ski in the morning and take the pontoon out and enjoy. Way cheaper!  Easy to talk to all on the boat plus a big bimini.