Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What are these extra hoses

macdonjo

Was doing some engine work but that's done now and trying to get ballasts hooked back up properly, as I wasn't the one who disconnected.

First, I'm wondering if anyone has a schematic for these ballast hoses. Boat is a 2015 23 LSV.

Next, I have a hose on each side of the stern ballasts that flow into the bilge when the tanks are full. I'm guessing that's overflow? Where do they normally hook to?

In the first image, you can't see the hose but you can see where it's coming from. This hose is below the image (towards the bow from the tank).

Fes7RZg.jpg

In this second image, you can see the hose flowing. I'm not sure where it goes to. Does the ballast span all the way up there? Is that an electrical plug next to the hose?

MhP1C8c.jpg

Edited by macdonjo

I could be wrong, but those look like plug-in-play hoses where someone took the bags out. If you close the valve, it shouldn’t “overflow” into your boat anymore. 

1 hour ago, hunter77ah said:

I could be wrong, but those look like plug-in-play hoses where someone took the bags out. If you close the valve, it shouldn’t “overflow” into your boat anymore. 

Does Malibu sell them? Or were they after market?

While those hoses are the standard hoses provided with the Plug-and-Play ballast option installed from 2013-2015, this boat has definitely been modified. There should be a total of three connections, but it looks like the previous owner plumbed two of them together. The hose that is currently connected to the barbed fitting at the rear of the boat with the ball valve in it should have a Quick Connect fitting on the end of it.

• If you're not going to add additional ballast you could just put a length of hose between the two bottom connections that are in the boat to link those together, and then close the ball valve in the hose that comes from the top of the compartment.
  • If you want to have additional ballast in the boat for surfing or wakeboarding you just need to select the appropriate bag, and it will be connected to those three hoses so that the bag fills and drains along with the factory ballast tank under the floor.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by skicrave
Added clarity to what is currently in the boat vs how the factory system would have been set up.
On 10/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, hunter77ah said:

Wrong ,  the main tank will back fill the drain hose like it does to bag when valve shut or open and hoses connected