Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

On Trailer - Wedge & Surfgate

moviewithnotitle

Hi All,

What is the method to drop the Wedge and open the Surfgate's when the boat is on the trailer? Sadly I have not yet discovered this info in the manual or online documentation...If there is a link, please educate me. 

Thanks

ahopkins22LSV

You can drop the wedge at any time. To move it back up you will have to simulate movement by either literally towing the boat and pressing wedge stow or having someone spin the paddle wheel under the boat. 

I think surf gate can be opened in service mode. 

My question is, why do you want to do this?

5 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

You can drop the wedge at any time. To move it back up you will have to simulate movement by either literally towing the boat and pressing wedge stow or having someone spin the paddle wheel under the boat. 

I think surf gate can be opened in service mode. 

My question is, why do you want to do this?

Thanks for the info, I will give this a try. 

Why? To clean everything properly for the end of season layup is the real reason.  Plus to know how to do it in case I need it in the future. Never a bad thing to understand how all of the components work. I do nearly all of my own maintenance so this just adds to my knowledge. 

• Like 2

you should be able to raise the wedge using the fuse panel under the helm too.  I am guessing (cause i've not been in a new axis) that it has the same fuse panels under the dash that control things like the wedge and ballast pumps.  i have used the spare fuse method several times inthe past.  simply find the fuse location of the wedge and either move the fuse over 1 slot, or put a spare fuse in to the other spot, adn the wedge will move to teh stowed poition, without moving the boat or paddle weheel.

video here 

ahopkins22LSV
18 hours ago, moviewithnotitle said:

Thanks for the info, I will give this a try. 

Why? To clean everything properly for the end of season layup is the real reason.  Plus to know how to do it in case I need it in the future. Never a bad thing to understand how all of the components work. I do nearly all of my own maintenance so this just adds to my knowledge. 

That's fair, I was just curious. You can probably just remove the swim platform and gain access for all the cleaning you want to do though. Might be easier and quicker.