Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PerfectPass stumble on take off

I’m experiencing a stumble/hesitation on take off w/ PP engaged.  Only does it with PP on. When I first apply throttle to pull a rider/skier up, the boat starts to take off but then drops rpm momentarily, almost like you chopped the throttle.  If I push through it, it will recover and the system works normally from there on out. It’s a wake pro 6.5 paddlewheel system.  Running in speed mode. Headed to the water tomorrow and will play around with it some more, do the servo phase test, try it in RPM mode, etc and was wondering if anyone had experienced these symptoms.  It does auto-tighten correctly and the cable is free/unobstructed and adjusted correctly.  Hoping to at least get smart enough tomorrow to make a somewhat educated call to PP next week.  Thanks for any advice, hints, tips or tricks!

• 3 weeks later...

my boat does that too on 6.5 - It's worse in slalom mode b/c it will start a pull back on the throttle to make room for PP to take over.  It seems less in Wakeboard mode.

I was told by PP that they lessened this pull back in the Stargazer.

1 hour ago, SkiPablo said:

my boat does that too on 6.5 - It's worse in slalom mode b/c it will start a pull back on the throttle to make room for PP to take over.  It seems less in Wakeboard mode.

I was told by PP that they lessened this pull back in the Stargazer.

SG v9 + gets rid of this.  The linkage stays super tight until you near your set speed, at which point the servo starts paying out cable, pretty rapidly actually on Kx+.  With my boat on Kx++, it'll practically throw you against the windshield backing down if you're hamfisted on the holeshot.