Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New (to me) Response TXi

braindamage

ahopkins22LSV

Congratulations! I was offering to UW to go look at that after he posted it on Craigslist finds. I love the TXi and it’s my favorite boat to ski behind to date. And I would have met up with you last Saturday but I was too busy biking 50 miles through the wind and rain ;)

Luckily it looks like you didn’t do any fender damage with the blow out. 

Also, you are going to need to post some better pictures then that :Tease3:

12 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Congratulations! I was offering to UW to go look at that after he posted it on Craigslist finds. I love the TXi and it’s my favorite boat to ski behind to date. And I would have met up with you last Saturday but I was too busy biking 50 miles through the wind and rain ;)

Luckily it looks like you didn’t do any fender damage with the blow out. 

Oh no...lots of fender damage. The trailer was mint.  The PO lived 10 houses from the launch. Probably no more than 50 miles on her. With the chains to load/unload on flatbed and the tire chunks, it’s now in worse shape than my ‘00.

super sad

B17D3810-BFDC-44E7-9435-88F8B90FCCA7.jpeg

Edited by braindamage
ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Oh no...lots of fender damage. The trailer was mint.  The PO lived 10 houses from the launch. Probably no more Han 50 miles on her. With the chains to load/unload on flatbed and the fire, it’s now in worse shape than my ‘00.

super sad

B17D3810-BFDC-44E7-9435-88F8B90FCCA7.jpeg

Oh, that sucks I’m sorry. Might be able to bend that back and touch it up to make it look better again. 

The PO said he had 4 other ppl offer listing price with a non-refundable $5k deposit. I really don’t know why he decided to sell to me, but I’m happy he did!!

2 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Oh, that sucks I’m sorry. Might be able to bend that back and touch it up to make it look better again. 

Yeah...it’s on the list, but not the highest priority.

I look forward to collecting my finder's fee of a free ski session behind it maybe followed by some tasty beers when I'm back in WI next summer!

Bummer about the trailer!  Didn't realize it got so thrashed.  :(

3 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I look forward to collecting my finder's fee of a free ski session behind it maybe followed by some tasty beers when I'm back in WI next summer!

Bummer about the trailer!  Didn't realize it got so thrashed.  :(

It’s ok. It’ll spend 99% of its time parked next to my garage anyway.

I’ll up the finders fee to include as many beers of your choice after our set!!

6 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

:plus1:

30 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah...I know. That’s why I haven’t posted anything. Rain when it’s light and dark when I get home from work.

i finally succumbed to @UWSkierpeer pressure and posted without good pics anyway.🤷‍♂️

Edited by braindamage

And...I forgot to say that I totally threw out my back trying to help load/unload from the flatbed.

3 chiro/ART visits later...I am finally able to tie my shoes without being a contortionist.

1 hour ago, braindamage said:

PO threw in a teak deck. He used it instead of the fiberglass platform. Not sure why. 

I’m thinking about selling it along with the power wedge.

D3F2894A-4757-461B-994A-F4E4F2F82478.jpeg

If you decide to sell, let me know what you are asking. 

• Like 1

Don’t sell that teak! At least make a table for your deck or something! I’ve got one some guy was dumping and it’s great. Someday it will live on my deck that is yet to be built. 

8 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Why did you need a flatbed?  Couldn't you have just changed the tire?

What @oldjeepsaid. No spare. I have one from my old trailer that will work, no won’t be stranded again!

got a list going of improvements/issues.

top one is the neutral button at the base of the throttle arm won’t push in. I tried gently tapping with a small hammer...no joy.

is this a known issue? Will I have to tear apart the throttle base? Ideas?

edit: found this... not encouraging 

Edited by braindamage
ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, braindamage said:

There’s there’s no way to rev the engine without turning the prop?

Correct, it’s odd, but I never found the need to with mine. I still miss that butter smooth throttle. It’s touchy but once you get used it, it’s awesome. 

1 hour ago, braindamage said:

There’s there’s no way to rev the engine without turning the prop?

Unplug the shift solenoid on the transmission if you need to rev it in the driveway or something.

• Like 3