Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New (to me) Response TXi

braindamage

37 minutes ago, braindamage said:

No idea why anyone would order without them.

My boat does not have cleats as it is moored offshore pretty much all the time.  That said, I wish it had them.

9 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

My boat does not have cleats as it is moored offshore pretty much all the time.  That said, I wish it had them.

They were a pretty easy install, though drilling 8 holes in my boat was definitely nerve-racking. I think I rechecked everything 4 times before drilling the first hole!

• Like 2

Same when I added a ballast system!  I checked it 4 times and then slept on it and checked another 4 times the next day. 

On 4/12/2020 at 5:56 AM, braindamage said:

Oops...I think I might be wrong about he prop. The PO file says it’s a 525 13x11.5. What’s the difference?

also-I found a Malibu slicker in the file so she found a new home!

8B81A5CD-B81F-4E6B-9E55-62DDA24A6875.jpeg

Before you change props, make note of the RPM at 34.2 MPH and at WOT.  Also, WOT speed.  I suspect your RPM will go down slightly with the OJ.  Watching the ski vids you've sent me, it sounds like you're winding quite a lot of RPM.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:20 AM, SkiPablo said:

did your RPM go up or down with the OJ ?   I run a 525 with is Acme's 13x11.5 and 15 off is great - 22 off is a little stiff so that has me interested.

It did change, and i did have to re calibrate PP.  But honestly I can't remember if at 34.2 mph the RPMs went up or down.  I'm pretty sure they went down, but not a huge amount change.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:56 AM, Sixball said:

I am quit sure that is the prop I a running on my Rlxi 07.  I a very happy with the performance of the prop. I also thought it helped the wake. But I never thought the OME prop was bad. I thought this prop is just a little softer, all our runs are at 35off at 36 or 34 mph.

I've never seen the blue line so I can't attest to this.  But yes the ACME 515 that I had was good, but I felt like the OJ was just a little bit better. 

On 5/2/2020 at 7:43 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

Use your center pylon  and our transom handle to tie off

15 minutes ago, Joeprunc said:

Use your center pylon  and our transom handle to tie off

The pylon is not a good choice as a tie-off point since the rope would rub the coaming pads.  BTDT.  What DOES work is using the rear lifting eye and one of the SS grab handles (with a seatbelt webbing strap)  - both attached to a mooring whip.  But as mentioned, I don't use that for long term docking, just the occasional tie-up.  Cleats would be much handier: next time.  

• 1 month later...

Swapped the Acme 525 for my OJ yesterday. No noticeable difference in performance if you ask me. It runs 50-75 less rpm at ski speeds. I have some dings in the Acme so I’ll have it reconditioned before putting back on.

i think the dings in the trailing edge come from reversing out of my ski buddy’s dock where it’s really shallow.

AEF8F6CB-49D9-409D-BCB1-92715A9AE52C.jpeg

99A45144-F3EB-4120-898A-4AF7E06FE3EA.jpeg

CE9CD218-1150-481B-B321-731A455F7FBE.jpeg

BBC1401B-AAF4-4B36-9769-E5CEA0D49571.jpeg