Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine parts

Since this is my first inboard, I wondering if most of the engine parts like thermostat, plug wires, plugs, oil filter, hoses, ... are available at napa or auto zone and what parts are only available from a malibu dealer. If I go napa or auto zone can they usually cross referance the parts from the boat model?

Thanks,

Kevin

Most of the people on this board can help you find stuff like plugs/filters/belts etc

However, Vince at www.skidim.com is the place to go for your marine needs.

Since this is my first inboard, I wondering if most of the engine parts like thermostat, plug wires, plugs, oil filter, hoses, ... are available at napa or auto zone and what parts are only available from a malibu dealer. If I go napa or auto zone can they usually cross referance the parts from the boat model?

Thanks,

Kevin

Not sure why people can't seem to find this post:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=561

I guess it's because it's in the DIY section that nobody seems to visit.

The original question for this thread is posted above. Nowhere in link you have posted does it address the question about where to get the parts. The reference numbers are a great thing to have, but they dont help the original poster and most local auto parts stores cannot cross reference an Indmar number.

For example, you have the Indmar numbers for the belts. While those are the OEM parts, you can easily go to a local auto parts store and buy a belt just by bringing in the old belt and measuring it.

The Indmar Parts & Fluid list would be a lot of help - if I had in Indmar. Does such a list exist for a Commander Marine 300?

Thanks,

Kevin

Napa has a pretty neat interchange on their computer - -they type in the

Indmar # & it spits out the Napa #. It works a lot of the time. Napa also

has a Marine catalog with tune up parts, wires, impellors, etc. The application

guide is not very good, you can't say that you need a impellor for a 1999 Malibu,

but it lists the OEM numbers for all the parts, so if you have that, thay can

usually get the part overnight for you.

The original question for this thread is posted above. Nowhere in link you have posted does it address the question about where to get the parts. The reference numbers are a great thing to have, but they dont help the original poster and most local auto parts stores cannot cross reference an Indmar number.

Actually if you follow the DIY link near the bottom where it says "Click Here", there's a post there of all the parts I buy from Napa with the Napa part numbers on them, except for the impellar that I get from skidim.com.

Here's the links -> link...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=562