Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gauge lens replacements

I don't know how bad yours are, but I sanded and polished a set for a friend and they came out looking brand new. They were not cracked, but they were hazed over pretty badly. It did take some time and patience, but these were much older than yours and with no replacements in sight, it was the only option. The results were fantastic! Of course he covers his dash with a towel all of the time now so that the sun doesn't affect them like that again.

too rich for my blood! I'll look through the cracks rather the spend that kind of money. I polished car lens and got good results too. these are deep cracks that wont come out. I saw a post from this site awhile ago when googling. Some guy had a set of extra gauges that were same as mine that he wanted to sell. I can't find now. I should have jumped on it then. Does anyone remember that post???

I bought an entire replacement guage and lense for my 2012 MXZ from Medallion direct for $13 (the dealer wanted $250).  I got the model number off the old guage and just called medallion direct and placed my order. 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:48 PM, EWP3MD said:

I have a 2001 Malibu Sunsetter LXI. The plastic lens on the gauges are cracking. I can not find replacement lens. Do they exist? Can they be replaced?

I re-did them in my 2003 sunsetter.   I made a post in the Malibu boat owners a while back - I can post it here to if you give me some time.  I'm not going to say it was easy

was that $13 per gauge or missing a 0 and was  $130 ?

Ski Pablo, I'm very interested in the "Malibu boat owners" site you mentiooned

it was the Facebook page - but here is what I posted...

2 of the gauges on my 03 Malibu had heavy crazing for the last few years. The guages both worked fine so it was hard to justify replacing them at $300 a pop. After several dead ends, I was able to get a hold of medallion customer service and they found the lenses that were the exact size of my year and sold them to me. I wasn't sure it was going to work out b/c I failed opening up a dead gauge last year. I couldn't get the plexi to separate from the base. Anyhow this is what I found - a razor saw (Zona 35-050). It was just the right size to cut out the glue and I was able to pop the old lenses off. After a little clean up this is how they look - see last pic.

The Lens was Medallion part 4625-10554-01 - I can tell you it is year specifc - my gauges were made in 2002.   Phone (800) 828-8127

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6683.JPG

IMG_6871.JPG

IMG_6872.JPG

IMG_6830.JPG

• Like 3

I literally just ordered new lenses from Medallion today.  They were super responsive.  They were $4 each so I ordered 4 of them to have some spares.  

51 minutes ago, kylegansel said:

I literally just ordered new lenses from Medallion today.  They were super responsive.  They were $4 each so I ordered 4 of them to have some spares.  

Happen to know if they also sell replacement bezels?  I have a speedo sitting in my garage needing a new face and bezel.  4 bucks is worth it even though I have no plans on putting it back into my boat.

17 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Happen to know if they also sell replacement bezels?  I have a speedo sitting in my garage needing a new face and bezel.  4 bucks is worth it even though I have no plans on putting it back into my boat.

@UWSkier No they don't sell the bezels.  Great Lakes Skipper does.  I just ordered a few of them.  They are $20.  https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-boat-blank-gauge-bezel-3729028-5-inch-silver

Thanks @SkiPablo  I just ordered some of that stuff on Amazon along with the tool.  We shall see how this goes.  I'm anal so my dash needs to look purdy.  

@kylegansel yes, just do it very slowly - you can feel the saw fit into the groove where the glue is - it took me about 10 minutes of very light sawing in a circle.  You will feel it hit the yellow base when you get most of the glue out and it will sound different.  just be careful not to saw too much b/c you need this lip to glue to new one to.   Then I took a thin but blunt object to sort of pry the glass off - in my case my lenses came off in 2 or 3 pieces.

when you get it off clean up the edges where you will mount the new glass as there may still be stray plexiglass and also take a LOT of care to get all the dust you create off the gauges.  But don't touch the black background of the gauge b/c it could pick up the oil off your fingers.

i had a spare gauge to practice on - so I snapped a picture for you of where I cut the glue out.

IMG_8342.JPG

one more thing - if you had the black bezels they just snap off and are re-usable - or you can get them also from Medallion - they are part number 6453-00001-01  - this is for the gauges around 2002 and 2003 era.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

You can purchase the gauge lenses directly with Medallion, I had one cracked and called and ordered extras today.  The 2in part number is 8725-00000-02, the 5in part number is 8755-00000-02.